Formula Drift Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I enrolled into UTI a few weeks ago. I start on April 20th. 420 I know lol. Anyway, they had Formula Drift Day yesterday on the campus so me and a few friends decided to check it out. None of us are really into drifting but it was a free event so we went...

Here's a few pictures. Sorry they are so small. They are from my phone and my phone sucks lol. When I stretch them they just get blurry lol.

The schools big ass garage...
UTIShop.jpg
UTIShopHotRods.jpg

On the lifts, NOS Energy Drink 350z, Falken Tire S13, and Rockstar Scion TC
TC350ZSilvia.jpg
TC350ZSilvia2.jpg

I'm not into drifting so forgive me if this is old news or that everyone knows already but the guy was telling me that to qualify for Formula Drift, the car has to come from the factory with RWD or AWD. You can take an AWD car and make it RWD and still qualify but you can't take a FWD car and make it RWD or AWD. So I asked him about the TC. Apparently the JDM TC comes with AWD so the TC was able to qualify. They stuck a Supra rear end in it and viola(sp?)...

Right when I take the pic, this retard steps right into my shot...
FalkenSilvia.jpg
FalkenSilvia2.jpg

The lip on these wheels is sick...
GreenSilvia.jpg
GreenSilvia2.jpg

Audi from the Hot Import Nights section...
Audi1.jpg
Audi2.jpg

My son wanted a picture with the new 330ci because he said he'll buy it for me lol...
330iCameron.jpg
330i.jpg

///M...
M3.jpg

The school's engine dyno...
EngineDyno.jpg
EngineDyno2.jpg

Engine dyno being used. I forgot what the motor put out...
YouTube - EngineDynoNoNumbers

Mach1 built in class. Pro Charger kit on 8 lbs...
Mustang.jpg
Mustang2.jpg

Mach1 on the school's dyno.It made 415 RWHP and 449 ft. lbs. of torque...
YouTube - Mach1

Turbo GTO...
GTO.jpg

GTO on the school's dyno. It made 536 RWHP and 513 ft lbs. of torque...
YouTube - GTO

One of the Drift S15's on the school's dyno. I forgot what Team it belonged to. It made 360 RWHP and 342 ft lbs. of torque...
YouTube - Gold Sylvia

Once again sorry for the crappy quality from my phone. These were the best ones. Believe it or not, there were worse pics and videos I had lol.

looks like a fun day
It was :) My son had tons of fun at the dyno section. He kept plugging his ears because each dyno pull is so loud but he loved it. I've never pushed liking cars or engines on him but when we leave to go check out other cars, he kept bugging me that he wanted to go watch the dyno pulls some more. Maybe it's in his blood and he'll end up a way better builder than me ^_^

^Agreed. How long is the school at UTI?
51 weeks. My graduation date is 4/10/2010. My goal is to get into a manifacturer program, specifically BMW STEP. If I get into STEP right after graduation, then it's another 27 weeks of school lol. I'm not limiting myself to STEP but they are just my number 1 choice right now.

Back