Forrest Griffen got embarrassed....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yahoosports posted an article saying that Silva relinquished the middleweight belt and will now only fight at 205. This has likewise not been substantiated

There's many ways to cause someone to black out. cutting off the blood flow going up the side of your neck (clogged artery) will cause a instant pass out, you can either chock someone using your arms/hands or a firm punch or open hand smack to the neck will do it as long as you stop that blood flow for a split second down they go.

The most common knock out is caused when the jaw gets pushed up pinching the nerves just below the ear, almost any well laid punch into the side of the jaw with an upward motion will cause a knock out with ease.

This is what I was trying to say, only I butchered it haha.

As for Griffins broken jaw here is one article I found.

Report: Forrest Griffin suffers possible jaw injury at UFC 101 (Updated) at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

Allegedly Griffins handlers released a statement that he took off to go cry not because he had a broken jaw.

I had to do it...

11872d1249885887-loss.jpg

Attachments

• loss.JPG
    loss.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:
This is exactly why i stopped paying attn to MMA fights. I called this fight before it even took place. As ex PRIDE fighters continue to enter the UFC, the veteran UFC talent will continue disappearing.

GSP is a rare exception.

Forrest has been a bitch and ran out of the arena after a fight before....its not the first time. He is very emotional when he wins or loses.
And yes some Pride fighters are pretty bad ass but I saw the fight Anderson lost with a guy that did a flying heel hook and it was over quick...he will be beat again.

This is exactly why i stopped paying attn to MMA fights. I called this fight before it even took place. As ex PRIDE fighters continue to enter the UFC, the veteran UFC talent will continue disappearing.

GSP is a rare exception.

not really. griffin beat rua, and rua was supposed to be the best 205 in the world. lesnar is from a wrestling background (not the best, but a solid fighter). cro cop was supposed to dominate and has fallen flat on his face.

there is no guaranteed route to success in the UFC.

i understand that. but the reason grffin got the title shot was because rua was supposed to walk all over him, but griffin pulled off the upset. Rua WAS rated as the top 205 at the time.

i'm not starting a debate, i just feel it's wrong to say that Pride will all but eliminate UFC fighters.

Yeah the idea that Pride>UFC is hard to support. Just take a quick look at the top three of each division in the UFC and it becomes obvious

Top Fighters at 155
Ken Flo (UFC)
Sanchez (UFC)
Penn (UFC)

Top Fighters at 170
Alves (UFC)
Fitch (UFC)
GSP (UFC)

Top Fighters at 185
Okami (UFC)
Henderson (Pride)
Silva (Pride)

Top Fighters at 205
Evens (UFC)
Jackson (Pride)
Machida (UFC)

Top Fighters at 265
Couture (UFC)
Mir (UFC)
Lesnar (UFC)

That's 3/15 for Pride and 12/15 for UFC... not exactly a majority. You could argue Big Nog but I wouldn't put him over Couture or Carwin at this point. Anderson Silva is a dominant champion from pride, but he's also a minority. At this point GSP, Machida, and Penn all look unstopable in their own divisions and they are UFC products.

imo, nobody can beat silva right now. Hendo will be a waste of a fight. the griffin fight was a huge statment for silv.

i won't pay to watch silva face ANY striker, ie rampage, liddell, etc.

unfortunately the only people i'm excited to see him fight will never happen. GSP, Lesnar, Fedor, or Machida. nobody else really matters. and none of those will happen.

GSP is possible....he can get up in weight and still be a good size guy for the 185 class. He has a chance too....since he got knocked out and lost his belt...he has become a close range fighter who is relying on his wrestling...which could be Silva's Kryptonite.

Machida won't happen b/c they said they wont (same camp)

And we have not talked about Wanderlei (which he would get his ass kicked Anderson)

I would LOVE to see Silva v. Lesnar. Brock wouldn't be able to catch him.

But GSP or Machida would be amazing fights. Probably no KOs, and probably not fan pleasers, but extremely technical fights that I would love to see.

GSP is a rare exception.

...The UFC fighters dominated the Pride fighters when the two organizations initially merged.

Silva was in the UFC before the Pride merge.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of an instance where a Pride fighter came in a dominated a class.

Mir was on top of the heavyweight, ahead of Nog. Griffin ahead of Rampage, Silva ahead of the rest of 185. GSP held 170. BJ/Sherk @ 155.

Back