Forza Horizon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tuesday?! fml That came up fast.

Looks like I get to drop money on the game and renew my Live. :facepalm:

Be sure to save your designs from FM4 as vinyl groups ... designs wont be imported, but vinyl groups will,

Most are already saved as front, left, right, rear, and top if they were worth duplicating. I haven't played in, well, you know... lol Probably got a nice chunk waiting for me in the storefront.

balls. lol Doesn't matter. Still had like 35mil from sales.

Well I went to see if I could even try to preorder it and put some down on BO2 while I was there. They were out of Limited Editions of course, so I said I'd just walk over to Walmart the night of like I did with FM4. Hardened Edition was also out, so I just put half on the regular and picked up 12 months of Live. I'll probably be on later tonight,

Best buy and gamestop are doing midnight releases... but so is Walmart i guess since they're open anyways

Yea, but I want the L.E. Gamestop is definitely out of them, and B.B. is most likely as well. Walmart is closer anyway and always has them in stock at release. Sometimes they let them out a few hours early. lol

What's in it? :p I figured there'd be more cars and crap like usual.

Forza Horizon Limited Collector's Edition

Custom Designed Steelbook containing game disc and Horizon Festival Ticket to access Xbox LIVE content which includes:
Day One Add-on Pack (5-car pack*)
VIP Membership (5-car pack* and VIP privileges)
Horizon Accelerator Token Pack - Giving player instant access to new cars, map unlocks, fast travel, and popularity spikes.
Exclusive LCE Car Liveries (5-car pack*)
*specific cars to be announced at later date

I played the demo for this. To me, "toned down a bit" isn't even close to describing what they did to the physics of this game. It feels way too arcade-ish to me

I'll definitely pass on this one

Turn off all the assists and use sim steering and its not bad..
Also.. its not supposed to be a sim racer... they used the same physics engine as in fm4, but made some changes to fit the game...

Last edited:
I tried it without the assists. It still doesn't feel the same to me :shrug2: might just wait to see if my roommate picks it up and I'll play it some more then..

ive strayed away from arcade-ish games since i started playing forza2..horizon looks terrible..might be something to pick up used after awhile and maybe use it for a "just for fun" type of thing.

Well I guess the Limited Edition was actually pretty limited this time. Only pre orders got it in stores. Can probably find some online but I don't care that much. Went and picked up the regular. Gonna play a little before work, then I'll probably be back on later tonight. Im sure I'll see you out there Clint.

Oh and I like that I'll finally be able to use the cars off road. That was a huge gripe with 4. No dirt tracks and stuff to actually use the trucks on. Love me some baja and rally work.

Last edited:
Finally! Matte colored paint options. I've been wanting that since FM1. I've loaded a few groups from 4 and thrown a couple in the marketplace. This one looks a little more money driven so its probably gonna help.

One thing that sucks so far is the load time. It's expected with a somewhat free roamer though. There seem to be a lot of "hidden" things to do. For starters, I'm gonna have to see what this barn find thing is about. Wonder what kind of cool cars they've got for us...

So to me this is like the story line based gameplay like Need For Speed, the driving and racing of Forza/GT, and Fort or something like that, with the exploring feel of GTA. I just wish you could get out of the car and steal some nice rides. lol

I've only brought over some camo. Made a couple hundred grand in a few hours though. :D Wonder what's waiting for me now.

Back