Forza Motorsport

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Well, I picked up a copy of Forza Motorsports for Xbox...Haven't played it too much, but it already seems better than GT4...250 Cars, authentic aftermarket parts, autocross mode (kick ass) custom soundtracks, no gay ass trance music like GT. Graphics are no comparison, it's online, there are more settings to adjust than GT4, damper settings, downforce, spring height, tranny, etc, basically all that GT has plus some.

Sweet, my birthday is comin up and I was thinkin about askin the girlfriend to buy that for me. Ive been looking for reviews on it. If anyone else has played it add some comments.

I played the demo that came on Mechassault 2. I thought it was good.

Originally posted by Drake@May 4 2005, 11:26 PM
Sweet, my birthday is comin up and I was thinkin about askin the girlfriend to buy that for me. Ive been looking for reviews on it. If anyone else has played it add some comments.
[post=495330]Quoted post[/post]​

9.8/10 on TeamXBox.net
Everywhere else it's getting 9's. It sounds like a killer game. I think I'm gonna sell Midnight Club 3 and get Forza instead.

Has anyone done any of the engine swaps yet? I was wondering what all you could do. I'm sure you can put a type r engine in a civic but can you put an ls1 or ford v8 into a RX-7?

Originally posted by Havok@May 4 2005, 06:43 PM
Well, I picked up a copy of Forza Motorsports for Xbox...Haven't played it too much, but it already seems better than GT4...250 Cars, authentic aftermarket parts, autocross mode (kick ass) custom soundtracks, no gay ass trance music like GT. Graphics are no comparison, it's online, there are more settings to adjust than GT4, damper settings, downforce, spring height, tranny, etc, basically all that GT has plus some.
[post=495199]Quoted post[/post]​

How can you NOT adjust these in GT4!?!? GT1/2/3 all had these adjustments

Originally posted by hondarin+May 6 2005, 10:19 AM-->
@May 4 2005, 06:43 PM
[post=495199]Quoted post[/post]​

How can you NOT adjust these in GT4!?!? GT1/2/3 all had these adjustments
[post=495855]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you need to read it in context...

more settings to adjust than GT4, damper settings, downforce, spring height, tranny, etc, basically all that GT has plus some.

You can't leave out the end of a sentence and say it's wrong. Though by not listing some of the other settings that it has over GT4, I can see how you could construe it to mean what you did, which is that it implies GT4 lacks those features.

I went out and got forza last night and i have to say that i am impressed. It is much harder than i thought it was gonna be. I have to have traction crontrol, abs, and prefered line on to win races. The braking is hardest part to learn but you get used to it.
To answer my own question earlier...you can only swap engines from the same manufacturer. I put an rb26 in an s15 and had over 800hp. It was pretty cool but too hard to drive.

i got the game on reserve but im too brfoke to pick it up :( maybe next week i will go pick it up then

I'm a big GT fan but Forza takes the checkered flag in this race. I just swapped a K20A motor in my EG6 in the game. It's so fast now!! Forza rocks!!

Originally posted by b16coupe@May 6 2005, 11:46 AM
I went out and got forza last night and i have to say that i am impressed. It is much harder than i thought it was gonna be. I have to have traction crontrol, abs, and prefered line on to win races. The braking is hardest part to learn but you get used to it.
To answer my own question earlier...you can only swap engines from the same manufacturer. I put an rb26 in an s15 and had over 800hp. It was pretty cool but too hard to drive.
[post=495945]Quoted post[/post]​

? My RB26 98240SX swap in isn't hard to drive, even with everything maxed out (like 770HP/ 680FPT) the only real problem I have is the rear end kicking out a bit.

THIS IS THE GREATEST RACING GAME EVER

as an example people who are wondering on swap info, the 240SX (with the KA engine) can swap in an SR20DET, RB25DET, or an RB26DETT. four engines choices for one car isn't bad, they should have included the Chevy 350 swap just for color though. And yes this game is hard cause it's more simulation then game. If your playing GT4 and thinking about getting Forza, practice your drifting, it's helpfull

:worthy:=me to Forza

Forza ownZ GT4, why? Because in GT4 I can't have a K swapped level 3 boosted, everything maxed out EG that destroys.

buddy got in on fri, and weve been playin it ever since...... WOW, just wow. greatest game evar.

9.8/10 in my book

-.1 no boobies
-.1 no random explosions

other than that, OMGGREATTESTGAMEEVARSOOHOTIWANTTOEATIT

Originally posted by Blanco+May 9 2005, 02:32 AM-->
@May 8 2005, 04:46 AM
IS htere one for Forza....cool. Damn I hate buying shit to use with one game :(
[post=496492]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, here it is: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/607/607924p1.html

My girl just showed it to me the other day when I was picking her up from work. And I know what you're saying about buying it for only one game, if I hadn't gotten such a good deal on the Logitech wheel I wouldn't own it. I'm hoping that this wheel will be compatible with other games, too.
[post=496863]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck it, no clutch.

FInd me a wheel with three pedals on the floor and you have my attention.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@May 9 2005, 09:28 AM

Fuck it, no clutch.

FInd me a wheel with three pedals on the floor and you have my attention.
[post=496869]Quoted post[/post]​

Yip, I want a clutch, or I'll just stick with the controller.

PS: Fully built Skyline GTR pwnZ j000000000!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!one

Originally posted by Silverchild79+May 7 2005, 02:07 PM-->
@May 6 2005, 11:46 AM
I went out and got forza last night and i have to say that i am impressed.  It is much harder than i thought it was gonna be.  I have to have traction crontrol, abs, and prefered line on to win races.  The braking is hardest part to learn but you get used to it. 
To answer my own question earlier...you can only swap engines from the same manufacturer.  I put an rb26 in an s15 and had over 800hp.  It was pretty cool but too hard to drive.
[post=495945]Quoted post[/post]​

? My RB26 98240SX swap in isn't hard to drive, even with everything maxed out (like 770HP/ 680FPT) the only real problem I have is the rear end kicking out a bit.
[post=496327]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol, you must be high, an 800 hp 240 drives like the Warthog from Halo 2, just horrible.

Back