Found a Corolla GT-S

Should i buy the 1986 Corolla GT-S for $1800?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Hey guys I found a 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S for sale for $1800. i looked in the kelley blue book and it says it should be around $800. Should i buy it or just leave it?

condition? mileage? if they want 1000 more than it's supposed to be worth and it's not in complete IMMACULATE condition. I'd run from it.

man, fuck that...a hachi? of course people are going to charge 1000 more than its worth, its a very high demand car. kbb doesnt know that there is a cult following for this car. I say, just as long as the car is not rusted through, and the engine is in RUNNING condition, buy it. with every drifter that crashes a hachi, that makes the demand that much higher...they are hard to find.

its a little under 275,000 miles, looks good (black). i havent thorouly looked at the car, but im going to get my cousin to look at it for me(in another city). the engine sounds pretty good, it was well kept.

btw im planning on a possible motorswap if i get it....i have a 5vzfe(3.4L DOHC v6) with a blown head gasket(will it fit? or should i just build the stock motor). ;)

well...for the price of the car...if it has no rust, and is a GTS...then $3000 is not a bad price.

for my project..it was impossible to find even that in my area...so the only option I had was to make one...with a $1500 stock normal little SR5....yes...we paid $1500 for the SR5.....

And then I did all of this swapping...and if I charge the labor into doing the swap, the parts, the beer, the parties and BBQ's...all spent on this car...it's up in the $8000 range.....

the GTS is the better canidate...if your going for a monster.....and if it $1800...and you can afford it....then get it.

Don't worry about the engine swap...just focus on suspention first...envest everything into the suspention.

After my swap cranks up...I'll have double the power than before...but it still won't drift like most of the other cars you see doing it at events...

claytons hachi > all other hachis that arent professional.

its gonna be interesting...

ok thanks guys. i think i will get it since i can afford it. im not really into drifting, but i like autoX.

AE86 Autocross = AE86 Drifting.....

Exact same setup...just drifting uses crappy tires to slide on.... B)

Don't do the V6 swap. You gotta believe me, that motor would have never been made had Toyota seen the future.

I might be looking for a Silvertop (I found one in Finland that a friend of mine is basically giving to me) and some in the philippines. I only want the lower end, so that was all I was gonna have him ship. If you want me to talk to him I can see what I can do about another / parts.

-> Steve

Got pics of this thing ?

no pics, sry. i was going to get some but i couldnt get in touch with the seller(i only had his phone number, no address and the phone number seems to be dead) so i guess im not getting it.

hey just negoitate i picked one up lat saturday. i traded a beat up 91 civic dx for it. the only thing wrong with it is the dash and passenger door that i would like to replace. my friend talking will get you a long way when buying a car.

That's a very good find... I would pick it up, most of the AE's you see for sale or SR5's and their RED! I would just focus on the suspension then worry about the other stuff later on. Does it still have the original stickers on the side? Pick it up!!!! :p

Back