Found A Honda Engine Today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidblaze

I could not find the engine code. It was a V6 DOHC non-vtec (from what I can tell). 5-speed. The guy said i can buy it for $20. I turned the flywheel and it turned over perfect. He said that a guy wrecked his SUV and thats where the engine came from. All the valve covers said was Honda motor company. Can anyone help me with just the info I have given to tell me what kind of engine this may be. I will go by and take a picture tomorrow. I have the entire engine harness and everything. there is a huge hole in the middle of the block where it seems a rod goes through for almost like AWD. Can anyone help me, what type of engine is this?

thanks,
chris

Sounds to me like a passport motor. I believe they are 3.2 liters and most passports were 4x4. Good find.

Sounds like this
Specs & Features 3.2 liter, 205-hp, 24-valve, DOHC V-6 engine 2WD and 4WD with button-operated shift-on-the-fly 4-wheel drive Max. 4500-lb towing capacity Air conditioning Power windows and door locks

Passport sounds good to me.

Originally posted by Liquidblaze@Mar 10 2003, 01:16 AM
how much could i sell it for?

You'd need to find someone who could use it,but if it's costing you $20,sell it for $400 and make 200% profit.

wow. you bought an isuzu engine

good kill?!

*note* get rid of that thing as fast as possible :ph34r:

good luck selling it.
I'd find a buyer before you buy it, or else you are going to have a nice seat in the corner of yoru garage for a long time.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 9 2003, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 9 2003, 07:34 PM
Liquidblaze
@Mar 10 2003, 01:16 AM

You'd need to find someone who could use it,but if it's costing you $20,sell it for $400 and make 200% profit.

wow, math was your strong subject <_<

lol, i didn't even notice that

hahahaha my izuzu rodeo (2000 I believe) has honda motor company on it to. The engine is fucking sick. It has crazy acceleration even with an SUV, and an automatic. If I could put it in my civic, and convert to manual, I would cream myself. LOL

Originally posted by gupta_p+Mar 11 2003, 05:30 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 9 2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 9 2003, 07:34 PM
Liquidblaze
@Mar 10 2003, 01:16 AM

wow, math was your strong subject <_<

LOL. Good Call.

All of you can lick my sweaty sack haha :p

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 10 2003, 11:55 PM
hahahaha my izuzu rodeo (2000 I believe) has honda motor company on it to. The engine is fucking sick. It has crazy acceleration even with an SUV, and an automatic. If I could put it in my civic, and convert to manual, I would cream myself. LOL

first off, you own a car that you dont even know how to spell and you dont know what year it is? Second, the honda passport was made by iSuzu which had alot of influence in development/production/parts from GM. So no, your 2000 (you believe) iSuzu would not have a honda badge/logo on it.

kthx

Originally posted by sisteve+Mar 11 2003, 07:16 AM-->
liquid00meth
@Mar 10 2003, 11:55 PM
hahahaha my izuzu rodeo (2000 I believe) has honda motor company on it to.  The engine is fucking sick.  It has crazy acceleration even with an SUV, and an automatic.  If I could put it in my civic, and convert to manual, I would cream myself. LOL

first off, you own a car that you dont even know how to spell and you dont know what year it is? Second, the honda passport was made by iSuzu which had alot of influence in development/production/parts from GM. So no, your 2000 (you believe) iSuzu would not have a honda badge/logo on it.

kthx

uhh hey fucktard, I'm sorry I pronounce it IZUZU as a nickname, and It's not technically my car, I just drove it for a while (my father had no use for it). You have no fucking clue what your talking about. If you want me to go get the digital camera and make you look like a retard, thats fine with me. In fact, I probably will when i'm home from college in 3 days. The motor has "honda motor co" in clear letters on the valve cover. Now, while honda did buy isuzus and rebadge them to get into the SUV market, that still doesn't make you right . so :fuckyou:
Prepare to be :owned: by the digicam

And I wouldn't say a word about me flaming, you threw the first stone.

and nice avatar too. To use some of your logic, you figure a forum admin would know how set up a working image. kthx

actually that IS my avatar, it is MEANT to be there. Now tell me, if your 'father' has an Isuzu, why oh WHY would Honda put their badge on a motor that they didnt build/design/produce? And how is IZUZU a nickname?

And who said anything about flaming? I sure didnt. If you want, Ill call you my bitch and 'nickname' you richard simmons?

Maybe the Rodeo motor blew, and they put a Passport motor in there.... <_<

Ok, well I'm just letting you know your wrong. I mean if you want to fight it to the picture of the engine, thats fine with me. You'd think that it might be a better idea just to take my word for it, since I'm the one who owned it. Any it's my perogative what I nickname my cars.

and thats a super original avatar, the red X. Im laughing right now. Really. Look at me go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back