Found An Apartment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Listen, bud... you live in east bumblefuck. When you grow up in the Northeast and then even think about moving away to a place that has comparatively nothing, it really is not appealing to most.

You may have million dollar homes but who cares, everywhere has million dollar homes. Everywhere has millionaires, being a millionaire is hardly being rich anymore. So many people when their assets are combined are worth over a million.

Point is, people bag on where you live because it doesn't have to offer what city life has to offer. Sure it might be a nice place and have less crime, but thats not the point. The city has many luring aspects and thats why so many people live in such a small space - if cities were not popular then none would exist.

I prefer the suburbs and to have a mix between the two. I love the city but I love the outdoors as well, its contradictory but from a business perspective, living in the city is far superior.

Similar living spaces will always cost more in or around a large city.

City = more people = more demand for housing = higher price per unit.

The higher price is directly related to higher demand.

The area I live in is pretty decent. Average housing prices, average wages. The only thing we're missing is a decent motorsports scene.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Since that was brought up though, would I rather live here or in an apparent upscale overpriced section of CT or Maryland? hell no. Overpriced shit blows. Just think of what could be done to that treefiddyZ of yours if you were paying sub 1000 a month on rent.

I couldnt afford my Z if I lived there.

I pay 1300 a month becuase I get paid enough due to living in this area to make it happen. run down piece of shit apartments in shitty ass areas around here go for 500-600ish 1 bedroom.

I'd rather make 3 times as much and live in a high cost area then to get paid very little to live in a low cost area. Bottom line, more money you make (even if spent on living cost) lets you play more. Do you think I would have been able to buy a 350Z at the age of 20 making just over 20K a year?

Overpriced shit sucks but when you add it all up income VS outgoing money.... it evens itself out.

You could find waiting/managing jobs that make just as much as you do there, here. If not more even. You're basing this off of income, but you're sounding like jobs don't pay as much here as they would there. I don't believe it. Hell Fast food General managers make decent wages at 45-50k a year here in the larger restaurants in the chains. I'm sure an upscale restaurant would be quite a bit more than that.

Quoted post[/post]]
Listen, bud... you live in east bumblefuck. When you grow up in the Northeast and then even think about moving away to a place that has comparatively nothing, it really is not appealing to most.

You may have million dollar homes but who cares, everywhere has million dollar homes. Everywhere has millionaires, being a millionaire is hardly being rich anymore. So many people when their assets are combined are worth over a million.

Point is, people bag on where you live because it doesn't have to offer what city life has to offer. Sure it might be a nice place and have less crime, but thats not the point. The city has many luring aspects and thats why so many people live in such a small space - if cities were not popular then none would exist.

I prefer the suburbs and to have a mix between the two. I love the city but I love the outdoors as well, its contradictory but from a business perspective, living in the city is far superior.

Ok you make a good point. Indy and Ft Wayne don't have what NYC has to offer, but I'm not comparing Indiana to NYC. I'm comparing it to Maryland. What is in maryland anyway? Annapolis and a section cut out for DC?

My entire point before we ran the train off the tracks here was that it made no sense that they'd continually bag on where other people live and turn around to either brag or complain about how much stuff costs where they live. It just makes no sense.

So, bud. Don't take things so personally. It was just a friendly conversation of trying to figure out why people think the way they do. It's interesting to me.

You could find waiting/managing jobs that make just as much as you do there, here. If not more even

Hahahaha I highly doubt it. When you get into areas with higher cost of living the avg income people make tends to be a lot higher. If it wasnt no one could live here. The base salery for living in my apartment complex for 1 bedrooms is $46K 2bedroom and 3bedrooms are a good bit more. also it is for the main person on the lease not the total income for all renters. if the main lease holder doesnt meet the baseline income then they can't live here.

most people I know that are over 30years old clear 80K+ a year. a good bit of them easily clear 100K.

a normal single family household income of over $200K is rather common.

My family out in your neck of the woods doesnt make a lot of money. They have a lot of land and horses. they live VERY WELL. they have big houses and enjoy life. they make jack shit but it doesnt matter. they can still easily afford it.

Quoted post[/post]]
You could find waiting/managing jobs that make just as much as you do there, here. If not more even

Hahahaha I highly doubt it. When you get into areas with higher cost of living the avg income people make tends to be a lot higher. If it wasnt no one could live here. The base salery for living in my apartment complex for 1 bedrooms is $46K 2bedroom and 3bedrooms are a good bit more. also it is for the main person on the lease not the total income for all renters. if the main lease holder doesnt meet the baseline income then they can't live here.

most people I know that are over 30years old clear 80K+ a year. a good bit of them easily clear 100K.

a normal single family household income of over $200K is rather common.

My family out in your neck of the woods doesnt make a lot of money. They have a lot of land and horses. they live VERY WELL. they have big houses and enjoy life. they make jack shit but it doesnt matter. they can still easily afford it.

There's that Jeffie logic I've come to know and really start to hate, it's simply bullcrap. You don't know so you're making assumptions. Just because the cost of living is higher where you live doesn't mean people will get paid any less in a different area.

My sister in law is 25 years old and clears 50 grand a year working for Waterfield. The next step up in the corporate ladder for her is 80 grand a year.

You're telling me that a loan and mortgage superviser in Maryland would have started at more than that on salary per year? Bullshit.

Stop associating cost of living with income, it's not always true.

Quoted post[/post]]
um, that's not a mortgage supervisor... lol thats a "call center manager" or some shit...

She's not a call center manager though, she's a mortgage superviser at Waterfield Mortgage. Starts at 50k a year with benefits and on site training with no college education.

Quoted post[/post]]
There's that Jeffie logic I've come to know and really start to hate, it's simply bullcrap. You don't know so you're making assumptions. Just because the cost of living is higher where you live doesn't mean people will get paid any less in a different area.

Actually IT DOES. Take a look at the average income in the Northeast and compare it to the average income in the midwest or even the rest of the United States - the average income in the Northeast is higher than that of every other state in the country.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/re...lth/005647.html

Jeffie's point was sound. Living costs have been driven higher because of the higher demand to live in the Northeast. The demand to live in the Northeast has increased because of the best wages in the country, among other reasons.

yeah, like it doesn't suck? lol
we don't get tornadoes. we rarely se remnats from a hurricane, let alone a direct hit, never had an earthquake,

ohhh a little snow....
ohhh some ice

OMG!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
um, that's not a mortgage supervisor... lol thats a "call center manager" or some shit...

She's not a call center manager though, she's a mortgage superviser at Waterfield Mortgage. Starts at 50k a year with benefits and on site training with no college education.

I made over $40K a year at the age of 20 with no skool background whatsoever not even my GED. and have had job offers to make more money else where. Now I'm 22 and im damn close to pushing over 60K a year (should be 65+ starting next year). on top of that I'm working with my boss on another store and when that happens I can work less hours and play more golf and of course make more money woot! =) Then there's my stocks. =)

Shit I bought my CBR when I was 19. I paid for it in full with my credit card at 0% and paid it off in full the next billing cycle.

anywho. Yes you tend to make more in areas like LA, DC, NY.

Welp, Im done with this thread, till the next time rev8k =)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Actually IT DOES. Take a look at the average income in the Northeast and compare it to the average income in the midwest or even the rest of the United States - the average income in the Northeast is higher than that of every other state in the country.

http://www.census.gov/Press-Release/www/re...lth/005647.html

Jeffie's point was sound. Living costs have been driven higher because of the higher demand to live in the Northeast. The demand to live in the Northeast has increased because of the best wages in the country, among other reasons.

I should have said that clearer.

Sure Jeffie makes more money than someone in the same position as him here. BUT, he also spends more for house and board. Meaning it all evens out just the same. The only difference is he pays more taxes per year because of his larger paycheck. whoopty!

My point through this entire thread was I can't see the point behind him and others saying another area sucks because he makes more money but then, obviously, he spends more money at the same time.

Oh and B, the last time we had a Tornado hit Ft Wayne was 5 years ago. Before that the only time I remember hearing of one is stories my parents have told me.

Anyway... this isn't about natural disasters, or how "bad" the NE is to live in.

BTW, earthquakes happen everywhere. Unless you don't live on the earth, but since we all do we all live on the earths crust and tectonic plates. It just so happens that California is on the "Ring of Fire" in a fault, and neither the Midwest or North East US is. So you don't feel them.

Back