1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

found another possible place to buy engines

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by BodyDroppedNikes, Jun 26, 2003.

1. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

was looking up info in another post about fastest sohc VTEC engines, and saw this place listed at top in the google search: MotorWorks. i dunno how reputable they are, but its worth checking out.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

b16aSiRII for 2,595.00 + SHIPPING that is nuts. Hmotors has them for 600 cheaper. I can get the complete swap (everything, like axles and mounts) for 1900 shipped.

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

im sorry man...i was just trying to post a poosible new place to buy engines from :cry:

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

n/p man. I want a place that is reputaible and cheap.

so far out of the big names, only hmotorsonline is both reputible AND cheap.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

jdmpower.net has the same if not better prices than hmotorsonline- gets them from the same sources, and sponsors us. why not give him a look

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

yeah it is tough finding a trustworthy place. Usually cheap and reputable don't mix. It is either cheap and you get fucked or reputable and you pay a premium. But thanks for looking out, if you search online there are some places that really don't price their motors since they aren't in touch with the whole motor swap shit so they price their products at a discount.

Milan

7. JDMPowersales

JDMPowersales Member

Thanks brian =)

You guys also have to realize VTEC engines in Japan are more rare now. They are getting harder to come by because Americans have pretty much whipped them out. They are going to be like dinosours. Specially the b16a SiR 1. We normally get 20 of them at a time but the last 2 months we went from 12 to 8 to 3 in the last container. Hmotorsonline doesnt even have any b16a Cable in stock anymore. I think Osucka is the only company but they are Osucka after all?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted