four weeldrive on a civic coupe 98

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanx first positive news i`m also not sure about the bi-turbo setup my tuner ho helps me said that its posible even four small turbo`s or a supercharger driving a large turbo still don`t know wich is the best opsion

yes but as i said before the drivetrain will not be able to handle even 1/2 those power levels.

I agree and disagree with you, it can be done.. doesn't take that much $, you just have to do alot of hacking and welding and with all work thats needed it'll be strictly for racing when its done.. this guy named Greg over here in So Cal currently has a awd crx and eg hatch that he made into auto x cars.. He's actually famous in the import scene, was on MTV i wanna be a street racer with his RHD crx turbo and RHD all motor dc2.. and in FATF during race wars and he's in a new movie called Streets of Legend.. as for the bi turbo set up never heard of it on a 4 cyl motor thats was able to work properly. and 600-700 hp there is no point in going awd.. if you really want a honda awd race car then you should look into a civic ef wagon or sedan because some came awd and the swap is very easy.
-ryaN

but the big question is, why? why build a honda awd racecar when you could put all that fabrication time and money into building a fwd monster. that's what i'm talking about. plus, i think this guy wants a car he can drive and not just a track car. i still insist there is no reason on earth to have a 600 hp street car.

anything more than 1 turbo on a car is dumb. why do you think all the supra guys with over 1000 hp do a single turbo conversion? it's better power than 2 small ones. bah, i don't know how many times i've said it, but being unique is more work than it's worth.

OR.. Wait a couple of years.. civics are getting AWD fairly soon.

I thought about the AWD CRV setup in a civic, And I'm sure it would rock balls, but not with those HP numbers.. You would have to baby it everywhere and every third time you got on it something expensive would break. Axles/drive shaft/rear diff... It would be a mess.

He guys what do think of this the gearbox and suspencion from a crv on 98 coupe linked to 600/700 hp b20 conversion with a bi-turbo setup
is that posible my tuner is saing its posible but i have my doubts

anyone hoe has experience with this or hoe want to sare his opinion ?
(sorry about bad gramma i`m dutch)

What exactly are you looking into doing with this..
a one off type project? a drag car? a auto x car? or what because everyone here has their own opinion.. YES it can be done, prolly can handle high hp like 600 hp but it will be a shitload of trail and error.. which does come to the question as Why?

Go for one thing first, 600 hp car, awd car, or a bi turbo setup.. not all 3 or even 2
so now before we continue with this we need an answer for the first question..
-ryaN

check out honda tuning, and order a back issue
they did a built like this, but i don't think it had that much HP, but they go through how to make it an actual 4wd and not the limited slip shit
HT covered Braille (a shop) doing it. It was a shit load of work and they got rid of the Real-Time AWD System, not limited slip. They would have loved limited slip, they just had a welded dif. They used a stock Type R (B18c) and they were constantly breaking things. They have actually sold the car because of all the headaches. It just wont work on a 600hp civic.

And by bi-turbo I expect you mean twin turbo. That has been done too. HomeMadeTurbo.com did it. He also said himself that it is a waste of time and money except for the fact that it spools a little faster.

guys..theres no way this guy is going to ever do this and he is obviously dreaming............ I want a AWD 900hp 6speed Accord with 4 turbos, I got a metal shop and can bend metal so it will be an easy build.:driver2:

don`t give me that crap i know its not gonnaa be easy but i know that eventualy i`ll get it right. And it will be strong enough, I just got the work things out a bit

you have to work A LOT of things out not just a bit.. but A LOT. I hope you got money..

yeah i know i have got a lot to do and about the money i`m taking it one step at a time
first i`m buisy with the cosmetics of the car then i`m going to figure out the rear end because the front end is quit similare to the coupe th wihbones are the same stabilisator rod is the same so i`ll work it out

I don't think this is ever going to be like the MR Integra on Team-Integra.net. And by that I mean a finished project.

Back