Foxbody autocrossing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Obviously NOT an SCCA sanctioned event.

What's worse is his insurance company will likely deny his vehicle damage claim and possible his passenger's bodily injury claim since he was driving in a "speed related contest".

:idiot:

Doesn't work for me. :( It says error with Codec or some shit like that.

Topping out 1st into 2nd, That's a pretty hardcore fucking hit if you ask me.

But yeah, shit happens, not the best place to be racing though with trees everywhere and shit.

Originally posted by ahedau@Jun 8 2004, 06:17 PM

What's worse is his insurance company will likely deny his vehicle damage claim and possible his passenger's bodily injury claim since he was driving in a "speed related contest".

thats why you dont tell them what you were doing

:eek: wow. He didn't do all that great. I really wanted about 2 or minutes of footage. But that really shocked me when he hit the **********. who in the hell does stuff like that with tree's around? who puts trees in the middle of parking lot?! probably some redneck place.

Originally posted by driver1+Jun 8 2004, 07:24 PM-->
@Jun 8 2004, 06:17 PM

he doesn't have a choice. There is no way that passenger wasn't injured so they had to call 911, the ambulance arrives with the police. The police write a report which includes a narrative of what happened.

If they don't call 911 and have someone else takes the passenger to the hospital how the hell do you explain that much damage happening in a parking lot?! We investigate claims. We don't just take you at your word. ESPECIALLY in a case like this.

I repeat... :idiot:

Originally posted by ahedau+Jun 12 2004, 03:00 AM-->
Originally posted by driver1@Jun 8 2004, 07:24 PM
ahedau
@Jun 8 2004, 06:17 PM

he doesn't have a choice. There is no way that passenger wasn't injured so they had to call 911, the ambulance arrives with the police. The police write a report which includes a narrative of what happened.

If they don't call 911 and have someone else takes the passenger to the hospital how the hell do you explain that much damage happening in a parking lot?! We investigate claims. We don't just take you at your word. ESPECIALLY in a case like this.

I repeat... :idiot:

who says that there was a passenger. In autocross, you rarely have one, unless your trying to teach a noobie.

However, autocross is actually defined as "skills challenge" instead of Racing.

A few people at honda-tech have had crashes like this (one was a ITR that spun, and went ass first into a gaurd rail, and totaled it) and there insurance company paid for the repairs, but droped them soon after.

ahedau, are you by chance employeed by an insurance agency?

Defin. has a passenger, about 10 seconds into clip you can see he has whole arm out window, resting on roof.

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 13 2004, 01:50 PM
ahedau, are you by chance employeed by an insurance agency?

:edit: not an agency... an insurance company and, yes, there IS a difference..

[their] insurance company paid for the repairs, but droped them soon after.

I said "...likely..." to not pay for the repairs...its contractual

autocross is actually defined as "skills challenge" instead of Racing

you say "skills challenge". your insurance company says "speed challenge" who do you think wins that arguement?

If I'm the adjuster handling the claim I'm likely to deny the passenger's BI claim for "assuming the risk" of injury for getting in the car in the first place.

As for the car's damage, that's a policy contract issue. If there is an exclusion for damaged occurring in a "speed related" contest, then it's likely to get disclaimed. If there is no exclusion, then the policy would be non-renewed at the next opportunity.

[Yoda] Control! Control! You MUST learn control! [/Yoda]

I had lots of fun autocrossing my Mustang... It was a blast, really.

I dunno, but I would kill to get on an autocross circuit like that.

A risk, yeah. But that's pretty close to pod racing - and it's the thrill that allures me to racing, not the safety.

I want trees.

-> Steve

lol.

that ticket sucked.. i was going to get an h22 during christmas time for the civic, but now i wanna sell it and get a mini truck <_<

Back