Fr: auto to 5spd gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cee-j

I did a swap last summer but buddy had to get an ecu, so he finally got one last week . He put it in and it wouldn't start , he jumped the starter and it ran fine no codes or nothing it was automatic, did i forget a step in my swap??

more info. What kind of ECU was in there, what kind is in there now. When you say won't start, what kind of symtoms? Doesn't even crank? Just cranks and never fires?

However, chances are your nuetral safty switch is not hooked up. you can simply just have the circuit always closed, but then you can start it even with the car in gear, without using the clutch.

He told me that he riged up the switch but i will double check his work and its a p72 and it didn't even crank over

I had to remove the blue box inside the driver dash,cant remember what its called right at the moment but its roughly 2.5inch tall x 4inch long x 1inch width.I guess you wouldnt even have to remove, just unplug it.

yeah that was the first thing to check for me but it still wouldnt start until I pulled the box.

That sounds cool , i'll check it all out
thanks guys

Back