frankenstein engines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrpimpin

i want to put a frankenstein engine in my '91 hatch, but i can't seem to find any websites the get the different comonents at. any info from anyone would be a great help. i want a b18c head, a b20 block, and a b16a tranny. again, any info would be greatly appreciated.

lots of info in honda swap.....you just have to look for it....this subject has been discusse 3213216549643168436541368746384 times....if you have any indepth Q's let us know....we will be more than happy to help

or one of the new people that want the post count can jump in...

a good place to start is searching for something along the lines of mini-me, LS/VTEC (or other similar spellings), CR/VTEC, B20VTEC, and then the H22/h23 is stickied on the engine building forum.

you;re gonna have trouble sourcing the components like that...
most people don't start right off the bat looking to mix and match parts, it usually just happens...

for the head i would check ebay?

for the block you can go ebay or local junk yards would be a good source...
the tranny can prob be sourced through ebay...

hmotorsonline sells swaps and motors or trannys...
they try to sell complete packages but he would prob be your best source for a quality tranny...
call him up...
hmotorsonline.com

every honda forum on the net has a classified section...
honda-tech.com is prob the place to go to get good deals on parts, but also the place to go to get robbed...

in the long run it might just be cheaper to get a full B16 swap, and be all ready to go, then contact hasport.com for the mounts, linkage, cable to hydro conversion if needed, and the swap shift rods, as well as wiring conversions...

mini me has nothing in common with an lsvtec other than the head swap so why bother mentioning it.

search for lsvtec swap not frankenstein since people tend not to call it that anymore.

ls vtec is simple really:

ls/b20 block
gsr or b16/type r head
stock pistons or aftermarket
ge ls vtec kit
vtec water pump, oil pump, timing belt.
arp head studs

thats a good start for you to research, good luck.

lsvtec swap

Hi All, I know that this has been discussed a zillion times, but please show me the sites so I can kick those Mazdas and Toyotas in their tyres. I have a CRX to get it on with..
Thanks in advance
Topgun

Damn

I wouldnt know what to say I'm juss here to say something but from what I've seen ask yourself if you want reliability or something thats known for breaking down alot...look you already have a light ass car so maybe llokin into some other type of swaps you probably might get a better result plus dont dwell to much on frankenstein motors like reckedracing said that stuff usually juss happens..

texas_petey said:
Damn

I wouldnt know what to say I'm juss here to say something but from what I've seen ask yourself if you want reliability or something thats known for breaking down alot...look you already have a light ass car so maybe llokin into some other type of swaps you probably might get a better result plus dont dwell to much on frankenstein motors like reckedracing said that stuff usually juss happens..
not again:rolleyes: theres always one that mentions this when a lsvtec topic comes up. not saying your wrong man. but personally i think its on how you build it. I had one with stock ls rods for years, roughly 6 actually. and never gave away. not until i put in on the dyno. then she loosen up. that was with pr3 piston and gsr cams. I was reving up to 8k.
Alot of peole build lsvtecs usually when they already have either the block or head. its cheaper.If your gonna start from sctratch then get a gsr. imo. thats what i would do.Anyway if you do go lsvtec just make sure that you important thing are covered like mentioned above. Its common to always use type R water/oil pumps. Just make sure you dont skimp on the little things. Ohh and if your gonna use stock bottom end i wouldnt suggest reving past 7k. especially if your gonna use stock b16 head. I made 172whp with gsr cams and pr3 pistons and stock crx dx exhaust. at 7400ish rpms. not bad for a motor that been beat on for 6 or so years;)

I have now got the B20 block, DOHC VTEC Head, Eagle H Con rods, Headers, exedy flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, water pump, pistons..soon the wiring harness from an accord

Topgun357 said:
I have now got the B20 block, DOHC VTEC Head, Eagle H Con rods, Headers, exedy flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, water pump, pistons..soon the wiring harness from an accord

Nice mang you are on your way. Plus I agree with Taco it is all on how you build it you can easily have a reliable LS/VTEC shit I do.

Topgun357 said:

dont forget to upgrade to a better oil pump that can handle the high revs.

Back