frankenstien civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unknown6329

i have a 93 civic with an 98 integra intake manifold and head with an civic si wiring harness. the car runs great but the cel light is always on,i am new to hondas i dont know much about cars but my question is what would cause my cel to stay on i checked the code and it was shooting out an 02 sensor problem i replaced it and the cel is still on.what should be my next move?

i have a 93 civic with an 98 integra intake manifold and head with an civic si wiring harness. the car runs great but the cel light is always on,i am new to hondas i dont know much about cars but my question is what would cause my cel to stay on i checked the code and it was shooting out an 02 sensor problem i replaced it and the cel is still on.what should be my next move?

And you thought that posting in the pre-1988 Civic forum would be a good idea?

you know you have more than 1 o2 sensor right

Not on a 93...

thats gonna be a problem cause last time i checked there was only a connector for 1 o2 sensor on the harness i read that there should be one before and after the cat but mine exhaust is 3" straight pipe with no cat.

you know you have more than 1 o2 sensor right

depends what obd he went. obd1 only has 1.

get an off the shelf manual. tells you all about this easy stuff.

but another tip; unplug the positive terminal of your battery for like 15 min to reset the ecu/clear the codes. then see if it returns

i tried that already i buddy of mine from work told me to do that and it did but if my car is obd 1 how would i be able to erase the codes just by connecting the two terminals in the blue clip on the passenger side or what?

doesn't matter on the obd spec, removing the battery terminal is the way to clear codes. connecting the clip together is obd1 for pulling codes, as in makes the check engine light flash sequences indicating codes. if you have a scan tool plug in, then your obd2.

Back