FREE 91 240SX hatch parts car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Hey guys,

My friend is giving his 240 project away. Had plans to do the Z front end conversion.. He got a 91 240SX that had a front end collision. Turns out the collision is heavier than expected. Frame rail damage up front, motor mounts are tweaked. KE engine, 5 speed.

What's really nice about this is the interior and options. Sunroof, all the electrical goods and good condition seats (no rips). The door panels are complete, wiring is beautiful.

We removed the wing in back and found the rear hatch rusted to hell. Under the the car is fine. No other rust or rot anywhere. All the glass is good, the doors line up well.

The accident activated the crumple zones - So there isn't much from the cowl forward that's useable. We were thinking of boxing the front frame and moving a Z front end onto it - But the owner skipped without handing over a title. This is like a $1000 loss.

My friend stores it at his brother's house across town, and the project is looking to be a money pit either way you cut it. So he's giving the car away, no title. Parts only.

PM me if you're in the CT area (You've gotta tow it out) and you're interested.

-> Steve

why doesnt he part it out on zilvia.net or importfanatix.com? if he wants to part it out i could use a few parts, what color is the car?

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 19 2005, 11:33 AM
Hey guys,

My friend is giving his 240 project away. Had plans to do the Z front end conversion.. He got a 91 240SX that had a front end collision. Turns out the collision is heavier than expected. Frame rail damage up front, motor mounts are tweaked. KE engine, 5 speed.

What's really nice about this is the interior and options. Sunroof, all the electrical goods and good condition seats (no rips). The door panels are complete, wiring is beautiful.

We removed the wing in back and found the rear hatch rusted to hell. Under the the car is fine. No other rust or rot anywhere. All the glass is good, the doors line up well.

The accident activated the crumple zones - So there isn't much from the cowl forward that's useable. We were thinking of boxing the front frame and moving a Z front end onto it - But the owner skipped without handing over a title. This is like a $1000 loss.

My friend stores it at his brother's house across town, and the project is looking to be a money pit either way you cut it. So he's giving the car away, no title. Parts only.

PM me if you're in the CT area (You've gotta tow it out) and you're interested.

-> Steve
[post=475700]Quoted post[/post]​

It's Red. He's not interested in posting anywhere - He doesn't go online too often.

-> Steve

steve... brie might want that car. gimme a call.

Might be perfect for her... if she has the equipment to kit-bash. This car isn't going to be on the road.. the front frame is all bent up.

Oddly enough, it steers fine.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Mar 31 2005, 07:54 PM
Might be perfect for her... if she has the equipment to kit-bash. This car isn't going to be on the road.. the front frame is all bent up.

Oddly enough, it steers fine.

-> Steve
[post=481174]Quoted post[/post]​

the real reason the car wont go on the road is that it hs no title....not because the "frame" is bent

That too. By the way, send me some pics of that 4runner

-> Steve
87 4Runner

Back