free car

85 crx si or 92 civic ex for turbo d?

• 92 Civic EX primer g

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ok well my boy owes me a car and my choices are as stated. this car will be a daily project car. basically this will be my platform for learning how to turbo. i will only be using d series motors and turbo set up will change with dif motors. i wanted to hear some opinions on which would be better.the crx is being rewired for obd1 so thats not a issiue. but my main concer is suspention for the crx. now the civic has lots of aftermarket stuff which makes it a good choice but let me know what you guys thnk.

edit:not sure which place to put this so i put it here since ill be using 92-95 civic motors

Well, I had a 1st gen rex, and there isn't much room in the bay to add things like boost, it can be done I am sure, but it is tight in there, especially if you swap into it.

the crx can have a lot more room in front of the motor if you get a 92-95 radiator...

does the crx have any rot?

and the crx is being wired to OBD1, but with what motor?

check out the first gen crx FAQ in the articles only section here...
that will tell you about the suspension upgrades that can be done for cheap...

as far as motors im not set on one. any d that i can get my hands on to tweek for cheap. it will be wired for vtec but might not always have vtec in it.body is almost perfect. the silver door pannel is chipped but thats about it.

its gonna be a problem to mount any obd1 series d motor in the crx...

you can drop in the d16a1 dohc non vtec from the integra, but other than that i think you're gonna need a mount kit...

the ew4 crx si motor has the mount off the front of the block, the same with the teg motor, but most other d's have the mount off the timing belt side of the block...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 29 2005, 05:55 PM
the crx can have a lot more room in front of the motor if you get a 92-95 radiator...

THEN WE GIVE REASONS WHY TO GET THE Crx uh the civic has the 92-95 radiator

wow less shit you will have to buy yes everyone has a civic but that on the other hand is great tons of parts available

and this is the clear choice if you are still learning everything fits great

geet the civic

well since you guys brought it up i was actually talkin about it last night with himn and he might be able to get a vx hatch for me and he keeps the coupe. but thats kinda just talk as of right now but if it happens ill take the hatch all day. and keep the crx for our project: street sleeper.but ill let you guys know.

Back