Free Credit Report w/o needing a credit card

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Liquidblaze

I couldn't pass a credit check and I am wondering what i have on my credit. I don't have a credit card or debit card thats why i ask. I am not a cheapskate if thats what you are wondering i just need to move into a new apartment and I couldn't pass the credit check but I got the apartment anyways because I got my mom to cosign. I should only have good things on my credit for the fact that the only thing i have used my credit for was to buy my car which i have already paid off three years before I was suppose to.

Thanks

Ever hear the term bad credit is better then no credit?

this is not to say go out and get bad credit but atlest when you have SOMETHING credit wise it shows up

Im sure the place who did the credit report saw you had nothing so they have no idea if they can trust you or not you need to start somewhere

get a back account, credit card, all your bills in your name like cell phone and car payments

you need to build up your credit if not lets say you have a really good job making great money your car blows up so you say let me go buy a new car well it wont happen and if it does you will have to put down like 20% if not more then have a 22% APR VS some one like me who could walk in sigh and have no downpayment and 0 or a few % APR

See a while back i had a bank account with compass bank and my checks and debit card were stolen when i left my wallet in my car and my car was broken into and over drew my account $500. I finally got it handled and credited back to my account and opened just a savings account. I am kinda weary about getting another checking account. I just wanted to see if thats what it was.

U need recent credit, and you need steady credit. A quick fix would be to get a credit card that is secured to your checking account. then just buy some stuff (prefurably stuf you were going to buy anyways), use it to pay your rent or something. Just pay it off right away, everymonth, so the intrest don't get'cha.

get another checking account "thats how you PAY your bills"

future note to self do not leave wallets, cash, credit cards, or other things in your car

Capital One is a great company I would try to get a card with them

also if you want to build credit charge do not pay off your total balance leave 50-100 bucks on there or even charge everything one month on the card say 1000 worth pay 200 bucks that month then the rest the next month

the idea is if you pay everything off at the end of the money the credit people do not make any money off you "they don't like that" when other companys look at you they see how great you are at keeping on top of it meaing they are not going to make anywhere near as much money as joe blow over there who keeps a higher balance on the card

this DOES NOT go for rent or carpments just credit cards!

just talk to any credit counselor on how to build credit they will tell you that =)

I really like capital one as you guys can tell thats why I always leave a balance on there as with always using that card when out even tho its a higher APR card its like 12-13% VS my other cards at 0% but capital one has always been great to me
and does not spam you or send you TONS of junk mail like other companys... blah
also every time I've asked for a lower APR or high limit they said let me look... ok done =)

Jeff

thats okay i found a way to get a free credit report. Go to american express to sign up for a credit card and i got declined so I went to there credit company "transunion" and they entitle me to a free credit report since i was denied.

Thanks for your help though!

yeah but that only covers one of the credit angencies, you need to check the three major ones, and make sure they all have the same info. One of the three might have miss-information that the other two don't.

Back