free hdtv over the air

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
No not you douchebags. I'm giving a big fuck you to Directv, a big fuck you to comcast, a big fuck you to Verizon and a big fuck you to Dish Network.

I finally got my antenna hooked up and I get like 15 channels for free. Thanks to my big ass 720p tv, I get a shitload of HD channels. It's going to be badass watching football.

Well technically it's not true HD, it's just broadcast in a better resolution than the normal channel.

its that weird reception, isnt that going to be shut off countrywide soon?

rabbit ears ftl

I have an HD TV, therefore I already have the digital receiver required.

I tried doing that, I could pick up about 3-4 HD channels in my area.

Problem is, its like a cell phone, digital is there or it isn't, so the tv would freeze on the last frame everytime it lost reception.

or a 42" plasma tv and no cable. but i can deal with free channels. :)

Its close to all i need for football anyway.

I ran my rabbit ears to my 57" dlp and it was fine until I ugraded my direct tv dish. The only channel I had issues with was NBC which is normal for my area. If I was only into the major sports on the big three it would have been all I need but I love watching other stuff in HD. In my opinion the extra 10 bucks a month for ESPN, History, TLC, Discovery, Food, FSN (to watch the Brewers) etc was well worth it.

hehehe I JUST upgraded to HD with directv 5 days ago, waiting on the installer today :) on my old school projection 56" samsung hd widescreen tv.

I just want discovery channel HD... at the least.

its weird how many PBS channels you can get over the airways. I got something like 5 or 6 different ones.

antennas only work as well as the towards distance. Where I live, it worked great, but, you can't watch Monday night football, plus having digital cable with a build in DVR FTW!!!!

If you're a cheap bastard, the antenna is a great way to go. I just ebayed my antenna about 1 month ago.

Christ. I moved the 42" downstairs and the 20" upstairs into my room. My living room makes this big tv look so fucking small. lol

hrm.

i have a dish on my roof and my house is already pre-wired.. previous owners had it. not sure if its dish network or direct tv.

i might look into that...

It should tell you what they are on the dish. Mine say directv on them.

Back