free hdtv over the air

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm not so sure that the dish matters. I could be wrong, but when I was looking in to it the only thing the dish type is used for is for wich satelite it can get signals from. That has to do with dish and feedhorn shape. Diffrent dish and feedhorn shapes work for diffrent satelites.

Well the Direct TV mast and pole wont adjust to receive the correct signal. You can use the dish and LNB from Direct TV but not the mounting and adjusting hardware.
Im gonna be redoing mine probably after the winter and after Dish Network adds more HD channels then upgrade to an HD receiver and add more LNB's to get more channels. Right now I get just over 650 channels + I get Sirius radio as well. Good stuff, when its free.

You just gotta deal with minor blackouts when Dish changes the way the signal is sent but by the next moring there is a fix for it and it is a matter of downloading the fix and load it in the box and away you go watching TV again.

Here is one of many forums just for FTA:
http://forums.ftahq.com/forums/

Last edited:
It should tell you what they are on the dish. Mine say directv on them.

umm, its on the roof aiming up...

can you tell?

43d1190410690-pict0765.jpg

what is an "LNB" ?

Look at thye pic below and the piece at the end of the pole in front of the dish is called the LNB. It is what picks up the signal from each sat.

can you tell?

With the way that thing is tilted im gonna say it is a Dish Network because Direct TV doesnt tilt (or skew) like that.

can you tell?

What you don't have a 12-24' extension ladder??

Wait... nevermind, I know you + manual labor/climbing = bad for Bs health. Looks like a dish networks dish. My directv LNBs aren't curved like that.

ill climb up there some time this week and check

I'm still waiting for AT&T U-verse to be available to me. The DVR they provide can record up to 4 different stations at once, or 2 HD stations FTW.

can you tell?

Holy awesome deck batman.

Reminds me of blue collar comedy and the guys showing pictures of their "decks" and yours would be a fold out one with 10 pictures.

yeah, it wraps all the way around my house like a C-shape.

here's the other half...

45d1190410690-pict0767.jpg

I'm still waiting for AT&T U-verse to be available to me. The DVR they provide can record up to 4 different stations at once, or 2 HD stations FTW.

A buddy of mine that works in the industry says that unless you have fiber run directly to your house Uverse will not be as good as what they say. He personally said it was crap and not worth the pain the ass.

a buddy of mine has uverse and he loves it.

my only gripe about it is that i have to get DSL. cable > dsl by nearly 8x in my area, so fuck that

A buddy of mine that works in the industry says that unless you have fiber run directly to your house Uverse will not be as good as what they say. He personally said it was crap and not worth the pain the ass.

a buddy of mine has uverse and he loves it.

my only gripe about it is that i have to get DSL. cable > dsl by nearly 8x in my area, so fuck that
I mostly use my internet for Xbox Live. Right now I have Charter cable, and it's fast if I need to dl something, but I'd rather have uverse for a reduction in latency.

Back