free hp?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

does anyone know some ways of getting my stock d15 more hp? i just wanna mess with it for awile till i have time to put in my b18.

ill take some of the free hp. umm, try running some $2 dryer ducting into your airbox and down to the bumper, to act as a ram air/cold air. Umm, get a CHEAP header, like pacesetter, and a 2.25" exhaust. u can save the exhaust for after the swap that way, and it will only cost u like 400 bucks total. also remove cat, and advance the timing.
Ive actually heard some ok things about the power gains pacesetter gives from 2 of my friends, they are crappily made, the paint will go in like a week, but it's still alot better flow than stock. my friend said he loves his, and eventho id never buy them, its not a bad choice for like 180 bucks.

take some weight out, less load pull so not really added hp. Take PS and AC out for less strain on crank. Bump timing. Higher octaine during next refill.

Milan

Originally posted by JDMilan@Aug 20 2003, 01:40 PM
Bump timing. Higher octaine during next refill.

Milan

not completely sure on this but the only reason you would need to run higher octaine (besides hearing knocking) would be if you did bump timing right? i heard higher octaine on a relatively stock car doesnt do much (if anything at all).

yeah, don't mess with timing much, 91 fuel is as high as you need to go.

if you want free HP-
do the intake stuff above... cut wholes in your exhaust (lol j/k) and remove extra crap that weighs it down

lol pacesetters...get a tune up/valve adjustment,do the ram air thing if you want..tighten your throttle cable so theres no slack..(thats top secret)..hehe..too many things to list bro

Back