Free Pancakes!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

double0Si

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
VIP
Its National Pancake Day. What does that mean? Well not much. But IHOP is giving out three free pancakes today to celebrate. Normally I'll never go as the place is so overpriced but you can't beat free. I type this now while enjoying blueberry syrup smothered goodness. Now we just need a National Two Pounds of Bacon Day!

There wasn't a line or a wait really but I hear you on the waffles. Im not big into pancakes either but it was free, I was hungry, and is right around the corner from work.

Stay at the Holiday Inn and get free waffles. Ihop isnt that bad, but then again, when I was on the road I was paid for dinners and everything. So it wasn't a lose in my pocket. I love their burgers though.

they aren't free....

the point is that you give a donation to their charity.

so, you still end up paying for your short stack.... but instead of it going to ihop, it goes to the charity.

if you eat pankaes and run without giving to the chairty, you're a douche.

Well call me a not a douche, just ignorant then. No one told me anything about a charity, just free pancakes. But I did pay for the bacon and OJ. And a tip.

they aren't free....

the point is that you give a donation to their charity.

so, you still end up paying for your short stack.... but instead of it going to ihop, it goes to the charity.

if you eat pankaes and run without giving to the chairty, you're a douche.

then call me a douche the definition of free is free not give a charitable donation in the amount of these pancakes

IHOP National Pancake Day - February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010

Join IHOP to celebrate National Pancake Day on Tuesday, February 23, 2010. From 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., we'll give you one free short stack (three) of our famous buttermilk pancakes.* All we ask is that you consider making a donation to support local children's hospitals through Children's Miracle Network, or other local charities.

they are free
they ASK that you CONSIDER making a donation
they do not say that you have to make a donation (it is not a "donation" when you are forced to pay it) nor do they say that it has to be any specific amount of money, equal to the price of the pancakes or otherwise

with that said i think children's hospitals are as good a charity as any... and i think what IHOP is doing is indeed a good thing :thumbsup:

i might have to go for some IHOP tonight :D

if you eat pancakes and neither tip nor donate, you're a douche. and this is coming from the guy who despises the fact americans have to tip.

Back