Freinds new car.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

A friend of mine from work just bought this hot little number. It is custom built by hand, and is one of a kind. I asked him the final price upon delivery and with a smirk replied "Oh a mill or so." Haha I pay these guys too much. Anyways it is not a Honda, but it sure is a hot ass ride.

Enjoy

As you can see, I doubt it will hit the road anytime soon, as he stated " I bought it like a art lover buys a painting. I just want to rub my bare ass on the hood and smile."

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Apr 28 2004, 12:43 PM
" I bought it like a art lover buys a painting. I just want to rub my bare ass on the hood and smile."

So he thinks that when an art lover buys a painting, he rubs his bare ass on the canvas? :blink:

:D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 28 2004, 02:05 PM
If I were to spend 1.3M on something that doesn't move, I'd buy a house.

or a wife

Originally posted by 90 accord@Apr 28 2004, 01:52 PM
thats insane. if i was going to spend 1.3 mil on a car, it would atleast be a mclaren...

:ditto:

There is bragging rights, then there are laughable mistakes.

And we're laughing. Tell him that.

Now if this were a custom from that dude in Cali that does one-off cars, or say, a Westport CT based Shrike - Then I could see it. But a fucking rod ?

-> Steve

I was just talking to him on the phone about his new ride. I started to tell him that it was a bit crazy to spend that much, but hey what do I know.

He said "The pictures can't begin to show the detail and craftsmanship and engineering and creativity that went into this car. It took over 6000 man hours to construct. The underside is as spectacular as the top. The oil pan was carved from a 700 lb block of aluminum.

So yeah I kinda agree that the $ tag is crazy, but then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Want proof just ask B16, its the only way I could guess he would ever get laid. :ph34r:

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Apr 28 2004, 03:17 PM
The oil pan was carved from a 700 lb block of aluminum.

Isn't that like making a single bowling pin from an old growth redwood? Sounds a tad wasteful to me... If you wanted an oilpan carved from a single block of aluminum, couldn't you do it with a much smaller chunk?

Originally posted by DarkHand+Apr 28 2004, 10:31 PM-->
MiguelDelFuego
@Apr 28 2004, 03:17 PM
The oil pan was carved from a 700 lb block of aluminum.

Isn't that like making a single bowling pin from an old growth redwood? Sounds a tad wasteful to me... If you wanted an oilpan carved from a single block of aluminum, couldn't you do it with a much smaller chunk?

If you're already pissing away 1.2 million dollars, who cares?

What a fuckin' waste of money. Geez, and I feel bad because I bought a speedo that goes to 250km/h.

Back