Fresh lsvtec heat problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BaDarkus91lsvtec

Sup guys. I have a new lsvtec that's over heating. Bled the coolant,checked for leaks, checked pressure, removed thermostat even though it's new. Timing isnt advanced. Temp gauge doesn't even show it being hot anymore when it is. Used to but not anymore. Weird cuz it registers when warm. Fan kicks on. Ran last nîght for a good 15 miles and didn't over heat but it was cool and I had my heater blasting cuz im not taking any chances. Any ideas what might cause this. I have an LS integra dizzy till Tuesday so that should help with timing. I'm obd0 so ordered an oem dizzy for obd0 vtec. Any other info u need ask I'll fill in. Thanks guys. I'm hoping my last bit of bleeding the coolant may have been it.

Temp gauge doesn't even show it being hot anymore when it is. Used to but not anymore. Weird cuz it registers when warm.

I'm confused....the temp gauge in your cluster use to read and car ran hot....now the gauge doesn't read at all??

Or....maybe you meant the gauge reads like its at operating temp AND you have an addition gauge reading otherwise (200+ degrees)??

Or....maybe you meant that you got the air out of the coolant system and the gauge reads normal now but you're still worried??

I suggest you put the thermo in. No thermo can be bad b/c you dont let any coolant sit in the radiator and cool off before the thermo opens and it's all exchanged. In the winter time......it's the opposite and you'd have to worry about no warm water sitting in the motor.....I've seen temp gauges crash to cold on the highway with no thermo. Heater wouldn't work for nothing.

Well I had my guage telling me normal heat and my over flow was over full and leaking and boiling. Not good. I haven't had that happen since my last bleeding I did. I only have the guage in my cluster. I'll put it back in since it was still getting hot without it anyway. I don't get why my gauge would tell me it was hot before and then all the sudden not tell me. It still registers normal heat.

Could be a head gasket....but wouldn't it eat or leak coolant?

You can also try a new temp sensor....they are cheap and I believe any 92-00 civic one will work.

But getting the air out of the system 'may' have fixed the overflow issue.

So far so good. Still haven't over heated since my last bleed. I do need to throw a thermo back in though. I don't like the free flow of water without getting a chance to cool. I love this forum u guys know your stuff. I'm becoming pretty knowledgable myself now.

Back