friday the 13th just wont end

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
:(
anyway, my car wont start.
my cel is solid on wtf, wont blink if I jump it either P28
switched ECU's, nope, not it.
fuel pump not humming when I turn the key, theres more than 2 wires going to it, which two will jump it?

checked ECU codes and am stumped and ready to get out the torch and gas and make a four door bonfire.

there is no click coming from where I think my main relay is.
if thats bad does that make your CEL stay on?

If there's not buzz coming from your fuel pump when the key is on, it's quite possible that your main relay is shot. This typically happens when there are drastic temperature changes, or when you've just ragged the nuts off your car, turn it off, and go to start it again. Are your plugs wet after cranking it over? The ecu should throw code 16 if your main relay is bad and you shouldn't get any fuel to your cylinders.
These early models were notorious for the ignition module going bad, and intermittently causing a crank, no start situation.

I get no code, solid on for the CEL, I cant pull a code off either one of the 2 P28's I have. thats what I'm really worried about.
big temp changes here in MN yesterday though.
going to the u-pull tomorrow to grab a couple of relays, hope it helps.

found the only main relay at the u-pull, no fucking fire.

the relay I got "looks" good, how do i test it?

can i test an ECU without a car to put it in?

i ran a wire to my fuel pump from the battery, fuel pump is good, but wont turn on with the key

Last edited:
If you don't see cracked solders it's probably fine. I fixed the main relay in my accord by just resoldering.

have you checked all of your fuses? Sometimes its the most simple of things. I doubt you have two bad ECUs. Have you changed anything on your car recently that required disconnecting a ground? Have you boosted your car lately due to a dead battery? I'd put your "new" relay in there and reset you ecu (ie. disconnect battery and pull hazard fuse, wait for 10 min, reconnect).

I had to give up.

3 relays, no clicks until I ran a wire from the battery to the yellow/black wires to the ECU, then the relay clicked.
tried to get power to the ECU, nothing.

pulled off engine harness, the shell is for sale, my bro is giving me back my crx shell and we split the cash off this one.

check for sale ads

Back