Fried Ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yellowcivic

Well I was leaving my buddies house and all of a sudden my car turns off..My check engine light is on and the Park, D4, and D3 lights are on in the dash..Checked the cel when I got home and its a code 0 (i drive a 93 civic dx) Could this be the reason why my fuel pump isnt priming?

Yeah i know how to pull a code...cel doesnt blink just stays on..and the fuel pump wont prime..I checked the ecu ground and everything seems to be fine..Would it be ok if I were to put in a p28 ecu just to see if my car would start or no?

so you drove the car home or got it towed? does the car start now? Normally you cant hear the stock fuel pump prime. I would check your main relay under the hood, it sounds to me like it blew

werd on the main relay.

thats the primary circuit for the fuel pump, so if it isnt priming, thats probably the culprit.

I pulled the out the ecu and capacitor c14 on the board is fried....Now are all p06 auto ecus the same? I went to my local junkyard and they had one but mine ends in a51 and has the letters apy..and the one they had ended in a50 and had auk. They said it wouldnt work...What do you guys think?

Back