Fried ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

I have a question... I dont ever get a response so I will try one more time! I did my h22 swap in my accord! When I started it for the first time I got a check engine light... it was my intake temp sensor, idle control valve, and map! I knew I would get the first to because I didnt have them hooked up... so i quick hooked them up! Now only a map code was showing! Well I knew I had the map hooked up right and tryed both the map that came with the h22 and on the accord f22! No luck still showed it! So i tryed my other ecu and it didnt give me any codes! But didnt run right... I tryed the other ecu I Originaly had on and it wouldnt give me any codes! Now none of the ecus show codes! I can even unplug sensors and no codes! I ord a new ecu... but want to make sure I dont fry this one.......... Are they fried and did I do something wrong! I know the wires are ok!

I haven't realy seen this before, however if your computer is fried it would generally throw a code "0" (zero) indicating that it is fried.

Have you tried reseting the computer by taking out the battery?
When you say that the computer doesn't throw any more codes, what have you actually disconnected in order to make it trip what ever code. Also do you disconect the sensors while the engine is on or off? When testing make sure the engine is off before disconecting anything, then turn the motor on and check for the codes.

When I didnt have the knock sensor connected it didnt give me a code... nor the time I forgot to plug in the o2 sensor cause Im a retard! But It wont give me anything! Like i said the first time I ever started it did give me some codes! So im really stressed

Once I forgot to take out the jumper when I was jumping codes.. would that matter at all! You know where you have to stick in a paperclip or wire so it will read the codes..... and yes I did many times reset the ecu

So when I get my new ecu! Should I be afraid of it getting fryied? Or should it be ok and these ones just might be shitty! I mean I have even put my stock accord vtec computer in it! and no codes!

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Aug 20 2003, 09:56 PM
So when I get my new ecu! Should I be afraid of it getting fryied? Or should it be ok and these ones just might be shitty! I mean I have even put my stock accord vtec computer in it! and no codes!

Your new ecu should work fine. Just make sure the clip is not jumped and everything is connected properly without grounding out.
Also check your grounds from Tranny to chassis ground and valve cover to chassis ground.

I dont think I have the valve cover to ground... is that bad.. Actually after I did the swap the only thing i grounded was where the battery ground meets by the motor and than goes to the body ground!

Back