Friend Has a B18C Motor In His Coupe......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CReX123

Well, This kid I know has been talking about his car for a while and I havent seen shit until this weekend. Hes been saying that he has a coupe that hes gettin a Type-R motor in for a while now, and this weekend he came out with it. But the funny part is, ITS TOTALLY FUCKED UP. Between getting the motor put in and paying for the motor itself he spent like $7-$8000 to get it all. Its so fucked up, The axles keeps popping out of the half-shaft, The back mount in the car is from a totally different car, It looks like an old mount from a fuckin like Mercury or some shit, its weird. Plus there is no VTEC and it runs like SHIT. He got royally ripped off, and To boot, everyone is telling him that he didnt even get a Type-R. His Engine Code says B18C and thats it, Doesnt that mean it is a Type-R???????

Can someone please clarify to me the engine codes for a JDM-ITR, JDM-CTR and JDM-GSR?????

There is no b18c -r... You can tell the difference by looking at the intake manifolds. B18c(gsr) has secondary butterflys and b18c(typer) doesnt. :bangin:

So the only way to tell between a JDM GSR and TYPE-R is the vtec butterflies???? is there any other way?

that is a big hint. The intake manifolds are like the exact oposite(sp). And if the valve cover is original then the typer is red and the gsr is black. But someone could always buy a new valve cover. And you can hear a difference in the vtec change over. The gsr is kind of quiet (unmodified) like a d16 changeover. But the type-r is alot more aggressive in the vtec change over point.

also on my 98 spec the intake mainfold has and extra vacuum line that even the usdm type r doesn't have.
Also you can tell by what rpm you get at a certain speed ... the jdm ITR 98 spec tranny is so that 70mph in 5th is 3800-4000 rpm(4.785 FD) also the rpm drop between gears is about 1,000. = closer gears than gsr

also the spark plug cover is carbon fiber look on the 98 spec...
the 96 spec is silver....

but I guess a smart crook could ...
take a gsr and.....
1. slap a red oem valve cover on it with correct color of spark plug thing
2. run 4-1 headers for 98spec or 4-2-1 for 96
3. stamp lsd on the tranny
4. put an aftermarket intake manifold on it(to hide differences)
5. put different gears in it. (for 98spec)
6. chip the ecu to have a 8900 redline
and so on and so on..... and sell it for type r price

or sell a normal b16 to a nub for type r price and they will never know the difference... or for like $1,200 and they say to themselves... omg I totally riped that dude off for his type r...

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Sep 27 2004, 03:18 PM
There is no b18c -r... You can tell the difference by looking at the intake manifolds. B18c(gsr) has secondary butterflys and b18c(typer) doesnt. :bangin:
[post=395345]Quoted post[/post]​

Or by looking at the Bright Red Valve Cover that comes on all Type aRgh motors.

Someone can easily buy that bright red valve cover and put it on their brand new jdm b18c gsr. The easiest way to tell is the intake manifold. And the most obvious. And read my other post stating the red valve cover and read the post above yours and again it says about the valve cover so thanks for stating the obvious. :worthy: you = captain obvious.

they could have also replace the gsr maniold with a skunk2 so what if he has a gsr motor with a red valve cover and a skunk manifold aren't the jdm gsr heads stamped with P72 or he could tell by looking at the header bolts cause the type R has a different kind than a gsr or any other motor, right??

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back