Friends coming over tonight, What do I cook??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I need fresh ideas. Every time we have friends come over I cook either grilled hot dogs and hamburgers or steak or chicken and sausage or fried fish.. Its the same 4 meals over and over.

Getting sick of it, any suggestions? I want to cook something totally different.

Last edited:
I thought about spaghetti, but I just had that two days ago.. I went nuts on it, the sauce cost $30 to make. But damn.. it was good.

I will definently try the potroast, but its out for tonight, I won't have that long to cook..

Lasagna... My favorite food of all time.. (insert homer drooling noise here) I could just grab a frozen one.. Would take a while to cook though.

I'm not trying to impress them, its not formal or anything.. Just a few friends getting together for dinner and games.. probably alot of drinking.. Drunk Pictionary FTW.

Last edited:
red/orange/yellow Bell peppers here are running $1.99 each here. Couple of cans of stewed tomatoes, two packages of spaghetti seasoning, five cans of tomato paste, two pounds ground beef, onions, olives, fresh shittake mushrooms, fresh Garlic, oregano, marjoram, basil, thyme, pepper, a little wine.. a dash of vodka.. Whatever else I felt like throwing in at the time.. Took me about 4 hours to make the sauce.

None of the items were expensive, but just kinda added up..

You put togehter that big list of goodies yet you still used spaghetti seasoning?
Where do you live? I need to drive there and smack you.

I know.. *hangs head in shame*

I don't usually use it.. It was supposed to be a quick thing but it grew into a monster after I had to take a trip to the store for the tomatoes... I got carried away after that.

Stir fry would be good but I had that this week too.. Curry, stir fry, spaghetti, beef stroganoff.. I forget what I had monday. I've been doing the cooking this week. Hell, I might just go with stir fry anyway, I love that stuff, and it is very easy.

P.S. I am the curry master of the universe.

Last edited:
P.S. I am the curry master of the universe.

Dont make me show you how its really done.

bahaha =)

Stir Frys are good but they're a pain to cook for more then 2 people unless you have a nice big wok, but even then it's a pain since you need to take cooking outside.

big wok = major heat = not doable on a cook top.

What kind of friends?

Drinking buddies?
card buddies?
wife's friends?

Well, since there are women involved, it's time to step it up a little over the hot dog and burger :)

Those stuffed portobellos i made we banging.

Satue fresh spinach, olive oil, and fresh garlic cloves in a saute' pan till its not wet anymore. add a box of cream cheese and some fresh romano cheese. just till its mix/melted.

remove from pan. let cool for 5-10 min. preheat oven to 450. stuff the caps with the saute' mix.

put in a baking pan cap up. brush with a little oilve oil.
cook for 15-20 min until you can start to see some water/juices starting to come out from the bottom of the caps.

serve :)

whip up one of those per person, and make some chicken stir fry and some rice :)

Back