Friend's Del Sol VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

This is my friends 1994 Del Sol VTEC. It has an LS bottom end with B16 head. The entire motor was built by DPR racing in California. It made 210 HP. I will post an exact parts list once I get it from him. Anyway, here are the pics:

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
[/URL]

Last edited:
lol, maybe it's just the angle that the pics were taken. The car has 205/50/15's on it. It used to have stock fat fives on it, but he bought these Kosei K1 racing wheels that were roughly a half an inch wider than the fat fives.

oohhh nice paint. love the whell/tire combo.

Clean ass car, love the 205's too. :thumbsup: for not going ultra-tite-JDM yo as well. Simple is good, simple is fast.

maybe its just me, or maybe its the wee.. err..uhhh weird angle.. yeah thats it.

sol2yx5.jpg

Heres the parts list:

B18A1 block
knife-edged crank
fully balanced and blue-printed
Ibeam rods
swain coated pistons
B16 head
ported/polished/milled
comp stage 2 cams
DPR valve springs/retainers
Skunk 2 cam gears
ceramic coated valves-1mm over-sized intake valves
.5mm over-sized exhaust valves
bronze valve guides
type r intake manifold
Type R final drive w/ LSD and flywheel
Exedy stage 2 clutch
68mm STR throttle body (sucks)
Password JDM intake
RC 310 injectors
custom oil feed lines
Hondata S200 tuned
Mugen replica header
Tanabe hyper medallion exhaust - 2.5 test pipe
Skunk 2 pro series coilovers

Last edited:
They are 11.5:1 probe pistons, but the compression was calculated by measuring the cc of the combustion chamber filled with water (including the thickness of the head gasket) and the distance from the top of the piston to the top of the deck at tdc, as well as the total cc of the piston. The head was milled to the max witch was a mistake. But all said and done it came to 12:1. I want a thicker head gasket so I can make full use of the cams lift, or maybe even go with larger cams. When the motor was clayed up the valves scratched the piston reliefs, so they feathered them a little deeper.The motor is pretty tight.

you may want to consider editing out license plates when you post pics online.

nice car though.

They are 11.5:1 probe pistons, but the compression was calculated by measuring the cc of the combustion chamber filled with water (including the thickness of the head gasket) and the distance from the top of the piston to the top of the deck at tdc, as well as the total cc of the piston. The head was milled to the max witch was a mistake. But all said and done it came to 12:1. I want a thicker head gasket so I can make full use of the cams lift, or maybe even go with larger cams. When the motor was clayed up the valves scratched the piston reliefs, so they feathered them a little deeper.The motor is pretty tight.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good solid foundation!

Back