From Auto to Stick

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have an auto 91 accord and i am doing a h22 swap and i plan on changing my auto into stick. What problems or what do i need to do the transmission change, i know it's a lot of labor and a lot of work, but i want the most power from my motor, so can someone give me the details of it and what parts i need, thanks

Well, I am not too sure how work and/or parts you need, but I do know just doing the swap yourself will be a good $2000. Good luck man.

It is really not that tideous at all. I did it on a 93 accord and also a 96 civic Ok this is what you will need

Of course the swap, h22, tranny, shifter and cable linkage from a 94 up Accord 5 spd. and h22 ecu (pr3 or p72) and 94up accord axles for 5 spd.

You can use the hydraulic master cylinder, lines and slave cylinder from a 90-93 Accord 5 spd, or you can buy the whole clutch assembly for about $100-$125 from Honda

Get a flywheel and clutch if you dont already have won for the new 5 spd tranny

Also you will have to do rewiring since your car is OBD 0 and a H22 will be at least an OBD 1. But should not be that devastating. i.e. distributor, alternator, injectors, main harness to ecu.

other than that dont really see what else you will need to do

Um, rewiring unnecessary, except for maybe the transmission wires, VTEC, knock sensor, and IAB. Not that hard.

Back