From crx to civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid1990crx

Well my plan was to do a swap into my crx and be happy with that. But recently I've been feeling the need of a rear seat, so I'm thinking of getting a 88-91 hatch instead. So my question is, will all the stuff I have already for my crx work on a hatch?

Parts being:
b16 mount kit
Shift Linkage for b16 swap
Tokico Illumina's
Tein S tech springs

what do you guys think?

Thanks.

they should all work with no problems. unless your crx is an 88 and the civic is newer. i think the 88 rear LCA were different then the 89-91, im not positive on what models this affected though. but that would only affect the shocks/struts. everything else will work fine on the civic.

yes, the only thing to look out for is, not to get a dpfi civic, or an 88. if you get an 88 your illuminas wont fit in the rear (88 ball mount, 89-91 fork mounts). im guessing you have a 90 crx from your name.

Yeah, its a 90 hf. I'm looking for a 90-91 Si civic but they are hard to find for less than 2k around here. Is there any other model that has mpfi? Im trying to streer clear of doing this swap. My hf has mpfi. So I was wondering if the std had it too?

Search... if there isn't any information on "DPFI to MPFI" on HondaSwap, there's tons out there to be found with Google. I've never done it, but it's not supposed to be too hard. Heck, I might be selling all the MPFI swap stuff here pretty soon.

On 88 vs 89-91, yes the rear LCAs are different. They take the "eye" mount at the bottom instead of the standard Civic fork mount for the rear shocks. You can swap out to 89-91 LCAs really easy if you buy an 88 though.

I pay 137 on a 93' si, 17 years old, 1 accident 100% at fault. AIG insurance, no discounts at all.

So, I'm sorry, you're wrong.

It isn't that much more, like 12 bucks or so, and the options are well worth it, tach, sunroof, etc. They are nice.

I'm converting my crx from dpfi to mpfi, converting to std with a zc engine. Wiring really isn't all that bad. Just label all your wires, use stranded wires, if you have to splice, solder it together and put heat shrink tubing over it. That way 2 years from now the car doesn't sputter because all the splices and elctrical tape came loose from vibration.

Back