from the "it's not racisim if you're not white" files

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

African American

There is no such thing as an African/Mexican/Bulgania/French/whateverthefuck American. Either you are an American, or you are not an American. Being black doesn't make anyone african, being born in Africa does. There's white people born in Africa, do I get to call myself an African American?

You have to eat ALL the colors right? :lol:

I like that! "Life is like a bag of Skittles; you have to eat all the colors" :ph34r::ph34r::D:D Sig-worthy!

There's white people born in Africa, do I get to call myself an African American?

There's an article in the news right now (too lazy to pull the article!)... A white guy born in Morocco or somesuch was suspended/kicked out of medical school for calling himself african american... He's suing.

Last edited:
quote from the discussion site:

I love it. Now maybe I won't have to stand behind some scum bag with food stamps that takes 30 minutes to check out. I would love to see this RACIST movement get going. No more waiting in a bank's drive up teller line behind someone with no money in their account arguing with the teller, won't have to watch a 23 year old with 8 kids yelling and beating them while in line at the store. How about only black taxes support blacks and only white taxes support whites. How quick would you miss us then. You are getting free everything generated primarily from taxes paid by whites, to be used at black only stores. How ironic is that. Does this mean they will call their electric, phone, cable, gas, water and other companies owned by whites and say we don't want service anymore? This is what you had in Africa 100 years ago. It's still there, just move back.

There is no such thing as an African/Mexican/Bulgania/French/whateverthefuck American. Either you are an American, or you are not an American. Being black doesn't make anyone african, being born in Africa does. There's white people born in Africa, do I get to call myself an African American?

Yes there is, saying that someone's American is not the same as saying someone is Mexican American. I mean not that I think we should label each other but in certain cases we have to. White people born in Africa are African so yea technically if your parents were white from Africa and they gave birth to you in the U.S. you would be African American as confusing as that is.

That's just another form of segregation, classifying people by race. If you're America, you're American.

Yes there is, saying that someone's American is not the same as saying someone is Mexican American. I mean not that I think we should label each other but in certain cases we have to. White people born in Africa are African so yea technically if your parents were white from Africa and they gave birth to you in the U.S. you would be African American as confusing as that is.

Africa is a continent, not a race, but that's besides the point, and eludes to my next statement. The whole thing is just an end run around racism, a politically correct way to continue labeling people that are different, and it doesn't make any sense anyway. Some from Guatemala is American, in the same since that I am American, we are both from the Americas, but if I were standing next to them you'd (figuratively speaking of course) call me an American, and them a Mexican-American, or Central-American. Seriously when was the last time anyone said, "I am a North-American", oh what, so if you're North-American you could also be Canadian, hmmm...it all goes back to polically correct racism. Hence why I don't believe in hyphenated Americans. Sorry, I just can not call someone that is ten generations removed from Africa an African-American just because they are black, I am not a Dutch-American, or a Danish-American.

^ Uhh, I never said Africa was a race? It is used as a term to refer to a particular race though, just like saying you are Eastern European or have Asian descent... Anyway I totally agree with you. In fact I consider myself an American because I was born in Uruguay (South America) yet most "Americans" criticize me whenever I make that comment by saying things like "No, you're not American, you're South American. We're American because we were born in America." Doesn't make any sense to me but hey, whatever floats their boat...

What I'm saying is that unfortunately our society today is based on a lot of racial segregation so a certain degree of continuation is needed for our world to operate as is. Should we change? Yes, but its going to take some time.

That's just another form of segregation, classifying people by race. If you're America, you're American.

Totally agree, but like I said there are times when we must use labels if only because our society is already set up to work in this way. Sure I think it should change, but I'm also realistic and don't believe it will happen from one day to another.

Totally agree, but like I said there are times when we must use labels if only because our society is already set up to work in this way. Sure I think it should change, but I'm also realistic and don't believe it will happen from one day to another.

^ Uhh, I never said Africa was a race?

I know.

Which is why we can't get past it. Really, is there a better time to get past things that continue to seperate, and destroy our country than...today? Politcally correct lingustics need to be destroyed, the sooner the better, they don't make sense anyway. Take a black guy, a white guy, and a brown guy, what, no one says brown, well, why not? We call black people black, (or "African-American"), and white people white, but Hispanics, and Asians, aren't called browns, or yellows, I mean seriously, what the fuck is going on? And aren't whites more of a pink, or biege? Well, ok, the LeStat crowd is pretty darn pale, but you get the idea. It's all meaningless jargon meant to isolate. Fuck it, NO MORE HYPHENATED AMERICANS, or hyphenated anything, it is a falsehood.

What do you call us ginger kids :( We are a dying breed you know. PCness sucks, just for the record.

We are a dying breed you know.

good, nobody likes gingers.
lol, jk. there are a couple of hot gingers i have seen, man, what i would do to them, lol.

i watched something once that they were trying to say its impossible for other races to be racist.
saying that their studies show that only whites can be and are racist.
blacks cant be, its not possible.

it was the biggest load of bullshit i have ever heard.

ive read all the posts here, and one thing i would like to add for thaughts.. the miss america pagents, #1 in the regular miss america pagents any race can enter and win, BUT lets see a white women try to enter the miss black america pagent... also, if whites made a miss white america pagent we would be called racist and fround apon. i think the racist card is being played to much.

I can't even put into words my thoughts on this couple.....two words come to mind.....fuck heads.....hope they die...for real....no joke..

What do you call us ginger kids :( We are a dying breed you know. PCness sucks, just for the record.

Oh we can still call you gingers. It's different when you're discriminating against people who don't have a soul.

Back