From The Mouth Of An Iraqi.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
okay,

this is a radio interview between a female college peace activist and an Iraqi now living in the USA. We often get in the habit of stereotyping "us and them", being in the military I see alot of this. Really needs to be heard.....

radio interview "an Iraqi's view on Gulf War 2"

so now what time is it kids????

What time is it??

And for all you liberals out there who still can't live in a place the rest of us call "reality land" and think the war is wrong, maybe this time is more your speed.

Time adjusted for anti war protesters...

hmm, i would watch/listen to those but im on 56k :( .

i would also like to say-
1. there is a difference between supporting a war and supporting the troops (i prefer to do # 2)
2. untill we find weapons of mass distruction (i actually hope we do) our war will not be totaly "justified"
3. even after we do 90% of the "liberals" who think the war is wrong will prolly still think the war is wrong.

im getting really really fucking sick of all this war shit and bashing other peoples views, if you cant accept something other than how you feel why the fuck are we fighting agianst a dictator?

I suppose we should wait around until they take over another country?

For me it's a matter of Americanism, allow me to clarify. As Americans we believe ALL (not just us) men (as in all people) are created equal, and endowed by their creator (whomer or whatever that might actually be) with certian inailenable rights (that means Saddam can't take them away either), amoung them life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Show me where Saddam hasn't denied The Iraqi people this and I will consider your idea of peace with Saddam. Untill then, I feel there is a peace which can only be found on the other side of war.

wow...that sounded like some of the bickering going on here at HS! LOL

as for the third link....thanks ass...i can't get that shit out of my head!! :p

and now my daughter is gonna know her "daddy's gone crazy" because when i'm making her pb&j sandwich for her lunch i'm gonna be dancing and singing that song!!! good one though!! B)

Originally posted by 98integrals@Mar 26 2003, 05:49 AM

1. there is a difference between supporting a war and supporting the troops (i prefer to do # 2)
2. untill we find weapons of mass distruction (i actually hope we do) our war will not be totaly "justified"
3. even after we do 90% of the "liberals" who think the war is wrong will prolly still think the war is wrong.

im getting really really fucking sick of all this war shit and bashing other peoples views, if you cant accept something other than how you feel why the fuck are we fighting agianst a dictator?

There is more to the conversation than that,but it isn't about censoring others views,people can believe anything they want and are free to say it,but don't get mad and start cussing people out because they call you on your shit.It isn't about being dictators or fighting dictators,it's about having a plausible bases for your beliefs that you can back up,not stumbling around issue's.Maybe you won't buy what people are saying now or ever,but the thought is in the back of our heads and maybe one day it will snap into place.That is the point of debate,to expose other to your views,not choke them with them.I'm guilty too.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Mar 25 2003, 11:49 PM

And I'm all for the exchange of conflicting ideas, it's not about bashing other peoples views. What it is about is the ammount of unfounded opinions we do have in our society. That is basically what the first link was about (for all you 56k'ers). It's an Iraqi male living in the states fighting with a college girl who doesn't want war. He asks her how leaving Saddam in power will lead to peace, and she laughs? He then goes on to sight several cases of barbaric behavior, whichs sounds more like a first hand account then anything else. In the end he doesn't bash the girl, he just tells her if shes going to have an opinion to bring some kinda "why"

things I will agree with you on 98integrals

1. War = failure even if you win
2. Civilians will be killed during the war
3. the President does seem to want this a bit to much

but so long as it brings liberty to Iraq in the end I'm all for it...

Its one thing to respect someone's opinion if its based on facts, its another thing if they're just spewing bullshit.

I'm sorry if anyone here is a bleeding heart democrat, a republican who sympathizes with the liberals, or a fanatic but if you're against the war and the cause *YET* you proclaim how you're against the war for other people's benifets, to try to help them out...I just don't see how you can sleep at night other then the fact that you must be extremely naive and ignorant.

Newsflash boys and girls the world isn't a perfect place. Some people don't want to make "nice nice" and play "fair", one of these people is Saadam. He's a problem, he's not going to disappear until someone makes him disappear. Its easy to sit back here in America and cry for people's rights and proclaim how you're trying to save us all but save that for yourself. We don't want to here that honky. If you were over there in Iraq being supressed by a dictator like Saadam you'd be begging (only to yourself of course...or else you'd be publically shot and killed - happened just a few weeks ago to an Iraqi woman) for your freedoms and to have someone rescue you. There's no hope for these people if we don't help them. We're not going over there to mash all their brains in, we're going over there to save the people who would not otherwise be saved.

To hell with the tree huggers. Maybe your ideas in the perfect world would be great but as we all know thats not realistic.

Can it. :angry:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 26 2003, 12:08 AM-->
98integrals
@Mar 26 2003, 05:49 AM

There is more to the conversation than that,but it isn't about censoring others views,people can believe anything they want and are free to say it,but don't get mad and start cussing people out because they call you on your shit.It isn't about being dictators or fighting dictators,it's about having a plausible bases for your beliefs that you can back up,not stumbling around issue's.Maybe you won't buy what people are saying now or ever,but the thought is in the back of our heads and maybe one day it will snap into place.That is the point of debate,to expose other to your views,not choke them with them.I'm guilty too.

"but don't get mad and start cussing people out because they call you on your shit"

You illustrate another point I was going to make to him. He talks about allowing everyone to have their own opinion and speak out.... we're America, we do that. But then he goes and tells us not to bitch out these people because thats not right....well shit isn't that hypocritical? Its freedom of speech. You want it, you cry for it, but when I have it you bitch. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

I say to hell with it and fuck all you selfish bastards out there that aren't supporting our poor boys that are laying their lives on the line for our country.

Thats a damn big task for anyone to do, let alone 18 & 19 year olds that are still just babies at heart.

hello!!!!!

they fired a whole bunch of the missles THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE at Kuwait on the first day of the invasion. We shot them down with Patriot missles.

saying that it is not just in bullshit. Bush was, sadly enough, right. Iraq DOES in fact have these things and hid them from UN inspectors.

Originally posted by Drock42@Mar 25 2003, 10:02 PM

and now my daughter is gonna know her "daddy's gone crazy" because when i'm making her pb&j sandwich for her lunch i'm gonna be dancing and singing that song!!! good one though!! B)

You never have heard the peanut butter jelly time song? That is such a hit where I live its hilarious.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Mar 26 2003, 12:34 AM-->
@Mar 25 2003, 10:02 PM

You never have heard the peanut butter jelly time song? That is such a hit where I live its hilarious.

nah man....that's what i get for living in a little podunk ass town in NM! :rolleyes:
funny stuff though! :D

hello!!!!!

they fired a whole bunch of the missles THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE at Kuwait on the first day of the invasion. We shot them down with Patriot missles.

saying that it is not just in bullshit. Bush was, sadly enough, right. Iraq DOES in fact have these things and hid them from UN inspectors.

They have fired nothing yet that we did not know aboutm, they have fired missiles that we knew conclusively they had, UN inspectors had found them. They werent SCUDs as the news and govt officials played them up to be at first, iraq has no SCUDs and the govt admitted that they were wrong. They were however the Al Sammies that they werent supposed to have as a result of their range, but were fired at targets within the acceptable ranges set forth by the UN.

As for military action, there are bigger fish to fry and Bush has now set a precident to fry them (and subsequently, our economy) after we're done in Iraq. We went in with no concrete justification. I mean, whats three months time when we're talking about international emberasment and war? This is all that was asked by the UN in order to enter into military conflict with sound conscience. But Bush and his cronies just couldnt wait, they have a new missle and need an excuse to launch it.

I am no liberal but I am opposed to this conflict. Our hindsight is blindsight, we either can not see or wish not to admit that we have done this before and it has ended badly. Now go ahead and bash me all you want but please dont insult my inteligence and waste server space by echoing Bush's glittering excuses for war.

Oh, and for the record, we've violated far more UN resolutions and killed far more Iraqis by direct action than Saddam has.

Also for the record, I will fight any man, woman, mineral or vegitable that claims I do not support our troops in iraq simply because I dont support their shooting of iraqis for the potential threat thaT they pose. I have freinds in Iraq and kuwait and want to see them come back unscathed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 26 2003, 12:30 AM-->
98integrals
@Mar 25 2003, 11:49 PM

hello!!!!!

sorry B, but heterospain is right.

They fired Al-Samaud(sp) missles on the 1st day of the war (which we knew they had before we started) and as far as i know those do not qualify as "weapons of mass distruction".

About me being hypocritical-

YES, you have the right to say pretty much whatever you want. But, i hope that people here would start showing a little more respect towards each other and views that are different. we ALL are still on the same side here people, and untill we have a civil war that wont change

98integrals Posted on Mar 26 2003, 08:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (pissedoffsol @ Mar 26 2003, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (98integrals @ Mar 25 2003, 11:49 PM)

hello!!!!!

sorry B, but heterospain is right.

They fired Al-Samaud(sp) missles on the 1st day of the war (which we knew they had before we started) and as far as i know those do not qualify as "weapons of mass distruction".

no dude, they fired the much upgraded version of the scud missle, which are illegal for saddam to own and use. he said he didn't have them, he hid them from the UN and used them on the US and Kuwait.

ugh are you sure dude?

i think if they had the dumbshits on the news (not that they are any good for news anyway) would have made a HUGE deal about that.

the last thing i heard was they were missles we knew they already had... i guess i better go read up

Back