from then to now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFCiv

Alright so when i got my car it had been in an accident and had some issues

35616133987.jpg

35616131763.jpg

finally now that my cars turboed i started on the body work

35616152042.jpg

35616204244.jpg

35616215390.jpg

Horrible last few pictures, but it looks pretty straight from what I can make out! Good job!

Shouldn't this be in Auto Multimedia though?

look good dan!

its funny. ive got a younger friend dan, who is on the mirage board with a turbo 1.8 mirage.... damn.

I Remember commenting something negative on that dent.. something like "Wasn't worth it" or "You'll never fix that right".. either way, good job!

You should flat black the whole car. Looks pretty good. :thumbsup:

I think I see a dent, but maybe it's just the sanding dust. And I think you got some paint on the tailight. :mrgreen:

Well, now that the Primer is there, I see blue through it too. The primer should be even applied, and then used as a guide coat for sanding. Grab some brighter primer, give it a good once-over and sand all of the primer off in large, sweeping horizontal strokes front to rear. Using an 800 grit or more, don't finger-rub it or lift the block.

The paint will glide onto the body and you'll find yourself doing less finish sanding afterwards.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, now that the Primer is there, I see blue through it too. The primer should be even applied, and then used as a guide coat for sanding. Grab some brighter primer, give it a good once-over and sand all of the primer off in large, sweeping horizontal strokes front to rear. Using an 800 grit or more, don't finger-rub it or lift the block.

The paint will glide onto the body and you'll find yourself doing less finish sanding afterwards.

guide coats are not necessary at all, if you know what your doing and know how to sand primer with a block the the primer will tell you what is high or low. also 800 grit or anything finer is def overkill.....sand primer with 400 then wetsand with 600 and youll be set. Scratches will cover in one coat of base. have fun and good luck. Looks good thus far :thumbsup:

the bondo was mostly a very thin coat to smooth over all the the studwelder couldnt get to or lefta little off.

Back