Front Camber kits HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

I am confused about what sort and type of camber kits i should fit on my ek.

There are skunk2, SPC, Omnipower .. there are even Top adj ball joints.

I was going for a skunk2 kit but heared about the screws stripping off ..and well thats not very safe innit ?

What would you recomend. I think you need a good quality kit especially if you live in an area with bumpy roads and full of pot holes.

Confused :blink:

Why are wanting a camber kit? If you aren't tucking or close, you more than likely don't need them.

I have a Progress Camber kit it attaches to the upper control arm havn't put it on yet but I heard those work pretty nice...they also come with bushing and spacers for the back I got the whole package for 183.00 I think at Aeiperformance.com its a local shop around here I went to his shop instead but you don't live here so...but he can get you some prices if you email him....also you can probably get a ingalls its another kit that seems to be pretty decent...ONLY GET A CAMBER KIT IF YOU HAVE LOWERED YOUR CAR...

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 18 2005, 09:02 PM
...ONLY GET A CAMBER KIT IF YOU HAVE LOWERED YOUR CAR...
[post=513760]Quoted post[/post]​

ONly get a camber kit if you have lowered your car a LOT.

only get a camber kit if you don't want to buy tires a lot and dont care for supreme handeling

camber = good for handeling :)

shit camber kits are gay just buy a new ball joint mark location drill a new hole .123" forward for every inch of drop then bolt in the new ball joint and your done

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jun 18 2005, 05:50 PM
shit camber kits are gay just buy a new ball joint mark location drill a new hole .123" forward for every inch of drop then bolt in the new ball joint and your done
[post=513840]Quoted post[/post]​

out of curiosity, why not just re-use the existing ball joints?

well .. ok ...
No 1: Yes car is lowered
No 2: Not alot, BUT i got a slight prob with one side have slight bent arm so i neeeed camber kit.

What was that idea of getting a new ball joint and drilling it ? What ? How ? Never heared of this

if you have a bent arm, REPLACE THE FUCKING ARM.

:bash:

a camber kit is nto going to solve your bent arm problems...

Would you pay some 500 dollars for a slightly bent arm ?? cause thats how much they fuckin cost here

What do you mean it wont solve the prob ?

If your arm is bent, replace it, bandaids are not for cars. Just go to a junkyard and get one, I don't know where you getting hosed like that on a $500 arm, but depending on what is bent, a) knuckle $260 new from Honda, B) upper A arm $145 new from Honda, c) front LCA $263 new from Honda. 32mm socket, along with a run of the mill tool kit, and jack stand and some time and you can do it in your driveway, then get an alignment done. Now, not only have you fixed you problem, now when you get a camber kit, you will be using it right, and have less chance of it failing.

yeah i KNOW the best thing to do is replace the arm .. but its not THAT bent .. it`s barely visible, but i can feel some slight wheel turn after allignment.
I just gotta fix that one way or another.

However ... i didnt quite undertand how you can drill a balljoint, but sounds an intertesting idea i never heared of, anyway.

One general question i`d like to ask you guys is, are camber kits like the skunk 2 etc good for roads with potholes and bumps ? BTW ..I dont go off-road with my ride :D
My main concern is those small 4 alen key bolts ... how can they possible keep up with all that stress ??? Would an adj. ball joint be better ?
Any comments on this ?

Seems to me that the ball joint ones would be more sturdy. I have heard of a couple times the Skunk2 ones failing, but I have also heard countless people who successfully run them.

Back