1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front end damage?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by f22b1 coupe, Jan 31, 2006.

1. f22b1 coupe

f22b1 coupe Junior Member

Man, tonight I was driving on a four lane road and I had to hit the brakes going pretty fast. This would've been great had my ABS been working lately. I had the car under control as far as steering, I had it turned right, it just went straight. Unfortunately, the ABS brakes haven't been working for quite some time, and my wheels locked up. There were skid marks probably 60-75 feet up to the curb, and by the time I realized the brakes had locked and responded, I had alread hit the curb on the left side. I side swiped it, sorta, it was probably 15 degrees or so. But the skid marks even after were like 20-30 feet. I was moving pretty quick, probably 40-65MPH on impact easy, I'm not sure how well I got stopped before I hit. I have an accord with directional rims that protrude out, they're kibda rare, but factory, and I know the left front's shot. The left rear hit too, but it's not gashed as bad. Now, I need to know what kind of problems I might now have. It's pulling to the right big time, I'm getting vibrations, and working at a tire store I know it could be flat spots on the tires from skidding, or just the bent rim, I don't know what it takes to put a flat spot in a rim (I was braking from 90-100 or so though). But I haven't messed ith the suspension on honda before, I don't know if side impact would bend tie rod ends, or bust the axles or anything, I'm assuming I'll have to have it realigned, but beyond that, I don't know. What would be susceptable to breaking/bending in there?

2. TWAN

TWAN Senior Member

good luck with that.

chances are not only did you tank the wheel, but the bearing, hub, knuckle, lca, sway bar, and tie rods are trashed as well. that is best case scenerio. worst case, you bent the frame as well.

your best bet is to have the car put on a frame rack, and find out if the frame of the car suffered any kind of damage. do this before you start throwing parts at the car.

3. f22b1 coupe

f22b1 coupe Junior Member

How much would you guess all that will run? With then without the frame pulling.

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I work at a body shop part time,and I have worked on some pretty high end bodies. Post pics.

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

best bet, go to a shop get a qoute and replace the parts your self.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted