Front End Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Allright, I have an EG Coupe - and the previous owner had a low-speed collision with a minivan. This accident managed to push the center of the hood in a little bit, and along with it, the latch, and a a tad bit of the core support. One of my friends who does body work has looked at it, and theres nothing really wrong with either the front-end alignment, or the core support as a whole. The only real difference is that the hood is done for - I know that, and I am looking for a used one - and that the latch is useless.

I am faced with two options when I get my new (used) hood.

1) Ditch the latch alltogether, remove it, and use a hood pin kit. Only drawbacks would be is a slightly stupid appearence (pins on a stock hood).

2) Get a good latch (used) and attempt to pull the latch mount out a bit to get the hood to latch tight.

As a note, when I got the car, the hood would latch - but only engage the safety lock, not lock tight.

The big problem with pulling the latch mount is that a) odd location, and b)getting it to fit just right.

Is it worth the trouble, or should I go for the $40 solution with hood pins?

P.S. If anyone knows of a decent website concerning slavage part, please post it here. Ebay does not appear to have any used white EG hoods, and OEM is $160.

Thanks.

on my EK coupe i had, the latch busted and so i didnt want to replace it so i got a hoodpin kit for my car. i used my OEM hood and drilled holes in it and mounted the hoodpins. it looked good and never bothered me. heres a pic to show my car with the OEM hood and the hoodpins.

s3e769ed657579.jpg

i hope that kinda helps you and shows you what the hoodpin kit looks like on an OEM hood.

Hrm....that looks a lot better than I had imagined - I think I may go with the pin idea. I guess i'll go and buy the Spoon hood-pin kit - it may be $40, but it's JDM.

Heh, next upgrade, JDM climate control panel! :roll:

Thanks for the pic man - if anyone else has any suggestions I'm still open.

Back