Front end Mods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
I have a 92 civic hatch with 99-01 accord headlights. I want a CF hood and CF fenders but i'm not sure if they can be modified to fit my setup. Is it possible to modify CF without ruining it?

The body work is def done well. I'm not a fan, but I don't like most conversions. To me the front looks like a late 90s Lexus ES even though you said they are Accord lights.

I've been told that a couple times. I'm actually parked right in front of a 99 accord today and we ahve the exact same lights except mine are angel eyes

The rear body kit is all molded on along with the side skirts, the only thing that isn't is the door handles and the front end, which if i can't get the carbon fiber modified to fit, i may just convert it back to original

The short answer to your question is NO. The best way to get the look of carbon would be to modify fiberglass pieces to the right shape and then have someone do a carbon overlay. This is basically all your carbon pieces would be in the first place since they only do a top layer of carbon on them.

I could do the overlay but I'm in Ocala. I would try to find someone locally that does fiberglass work that has worked with carbon or someone that makes carbon pieces in your area. If all else fails try contacting Aerotrends and see if they know anyone. If you can't find anyone let me know and I might be able to do it for you.

I may just convert the front end back to original. I f***ed up the body kit up front when i hit a pot hole and i don't really want to pay to have somone modify another piece to fit. Also, i could interchange pieces easier with original anyways. Thanks guys for all the insight----Zack

i have never really liked this year hatch but what you did is a work of art... big props. but as you are starting to see, doing that much custom work has its drawbacks given the surrounding environment. i hope the headaches, as a result of your passion for this car, ease up...

this is my favorite year hatch, and will probably be the only kind of hatch i'll ever own, but yeah, i hope the headaches ease up also. With the amount of money put into this car i figured it would have not so many headaches. Oh well, lesson learned.

Back