1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Lower Ball Joint Kit!

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by Justin66, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

Peterborough, Ontario
    I had a thread a while ago about front lower ball joints. The only way to get the ball joints for a Base Prelude was to get it already attached to the knuckle, and that is rather expensive, they dont let you buy the ball joint separately unless you have a Type SH. A few local places said they had them but i wasnt sure if it was right. I really didnt want to fork out $1000 for the left and right knuckles (my Honda overprices), so i racked the net trying to find some. Turns out there is a recall for some 96-98 Preludes/Accords/Odysseys about front lower ball joints. Unfortunately my VIN didnt fall under it so i couldnt get it done for free, however it gave me a parts # for a ball joint kit, take that Honda!

I browsed forums all over the net and everyone says you can only get it with the knuckle. So in case anyone else is in need of new lower ball joints, i found the answer. Its parts # 04510-SL5-000. ONE kit comes with 2 ball joints/2 axle nuts and cotter pins, so only order one kit.

http://members.shaw.ca/FifthGenTSB2/99-039.Saftey Recall - Lower Ball Joints.pdf
Draft saved Draft deleted