Front Lower Ball Joint Kit!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
I had a thread a while ago about front lower ball joints. The only way to get the ball joints for a Base Prelude was to get it already attached to the knuckle, and that is rather expensive, they dont let you buy the ball joint separately unless you have a Type SH. A few local places said they had them but i wasnt sure if it was right. I really didnt want to fork out $1000 for the left and right knuckles (my Honda overprices), so i racked the net trying to find some. Turns out there is a recall for some 96-98 Preludes/Accords/Odysseys about front lower ball joints. Unfortunately my VIN didnt fall under it so i couldnt get it done for free, however it gave me a parts # for a ball joint kit, take that Honda!

I browsed forums all over the net and everyone says you can only get it with the knuckle. So in case anyone else is in need of new lower ball joints, i found the answer. Its parts # 04510-SL5-000. ONE kit comes with 2 ball joints/2 axle nuts and cotter pins, so only order one kit.

http://members.shaw.ca/FifthGenTSB2/99-039.Saftey Recall - Lower Ball Joints.pdf

Back