front strutbar endlinks?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I am going to link a few pictures to this post to help get my question across because my descriptions would be worthless.
please to not comment on the brand or whatnot of the pictures shown I am not asking about the quality of any specific company or anything like that

I just would like opinions on what type of endlink delivers the best results for this application [front strut tower bar on a civic]

type 1: Stock style GSR/SI bar
TBC92TR3_au1.jpg

type 2: "Mugen style" bar
08_1.JPG

type 3: "ebay" bar
tbc8891.jpg

type 1 and 2 are non adjustable
type 3 would be a heim joint tapped into a piece of metal stock

type1 mounts just to the outsides of the shocks on the top of the strut towers
type3 mounts to the bolts that the shocks mount with
type2 uses both of those mount points

any opinions apreciated

Type 1 = best
Type 2 = not as good
Type 3 = worst

You want to constrain as many degrees of motion as possible. A solid "joint" is the best way to do this. #2 still allows for a pivot on one axis, and #3 allows for pivoting along two axes- it only keeps the shock towers equidistant. It's pretty useless really.

:withstupid:

i prefer neuspeeds mount locations

neuspeedfstb06.jpg

neuspeedfstb05.jpg

yeah, I like the look of the Neuspeed bar as well
Do you have to do any drilling to mount it? or are those holes allready there? I can't remember..... Never mind I just checked a pic of my engine bay and it looks like there are allready threaded holes there

maybe I'll wait till I can find a used Neuspeed bar cause I don't really feel like shelling out over a hundred for it right now

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 5 2003, 06:31 PM
thas what i want to pick up :D

jon,
If you are looking for a Neuspeed bar and find a good deal on them let me know... I might buy something else in the meantime though... I want better handling now that I have some more power

I got my Neuspeed bar for $89 plus shipping direct from Neuspeed.com... so they're really not that expensive.

The Neuspeed bar really is one of the best ones you can buy for your front end, but still... Carbing > Neuspeed.

:)

yea but 100shipped >>>>>>350.

Buy a used one, you can find them for 50ish alot of the time

so is the neuspeed front strut bar worth buying?? wil it make a noticable difference in handling?

edit: cuz look here, it bolts to the strut/spring bolts...

331654_35_full.jpg

yea, your steering will feel quicker and more precise and your front end will feel more solid over bumps and around turns. it will make your old handling seem sloppy.

well, it looks like it's hands down for a neuspeed front bar
time to start searching for a used one cause they want $120 on their site right now

what about a $25 type-R look-a-like for the rear?
I want something that I could easily remove if I needed the cargo space and I figure the type R style has those two bolts on either side and I could replace them with quick release pins and it would be a snap to remove if necessary

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 6 2003, 06:50 PM
yea but 100shipped >>>>>>350.

Buy a used one, you can find them for 50ish alot of the time

:werd:

But the Carbing bar wasn't available when I bought my Neuspeed. If it was, I would have gotten one of those instead.

why isn't JimFab making any strut tower bars????
I would think he would be all over that, can't be any harder to make than the cross members

Most everything's been done with the braces- he's probably not going to make anything significantly better than what's on the market already and that everyone is going to suddenly want to buy. He's got that with his traction bars and crossmembers- he won't get it with a upper front brace. It's just smart business.

Back