front sway bar sizing? EG w/ ITR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark93DX

I've just been upgrading my suspension ( progress coils & tokico shocks) on my 93 DX hatch. My question is I've got a progress 22mm rear sway bar, what size sway bar should i use for the front? I've heard you can get oversteer if your front bar is too small.

Right now my car has no front sway bar, so I was thinking of using the ITR front sway (24mm?) and some civic Si/EX front control arms. would this be big enought? too big? too small?

thanks,

thanks, cause I was debating about the GSR vs ITR front sway, but the GSR front sway seemed small by comparison.

Cheers,

well the ITR handles better than a GSR.. so that should make up your mind which to get

Thats a good point;)

I was just more concerned about the ratio of front to rear bar size & b/c I can get a hold of a GSR bar much cheaper (local guys got one).

I think though this isnt the place to cheap out so the ITR bar it is.

cheers,

You don't get oversteer if you front is too small. Usually a smaller bar up front=faster turn in, but more roll in the turns, vice versa. Spring rates, alignment, and tires also comes into play. With all the math that's involved, it's MUCH easier to figure it out by trial and error. In this case, I'd say the ITR bar should work great since Honda already figured it out from the factory and the EG is somewhat similar to the DC.

I was just reading up on the ITR front bars and I heard that they can tear out your subframe?? WTF?

ST makes front sway bars for cars without stock bars, but they are 19mm dia. would i be better off with the ST bars? does 3mm really make that big a difference?

Basically i want the car to feel neutral.

Last edited:
No, that's the back bar, not the front.

ok, thanks. I plan on welding the progress bracket to my subframe as my car doesnt have the threaded upper mounting holes anyway.

The ITR front will be just fine then, just gotta hit the local salvage yard to find some front LCA's to fit it.

BTW, does it matter what year ITR the bar comes from? cause I might try to get one from the local Acura dealer.

Last edited:
Back