Front Upper Strut Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
So I ordered a front upper strut bar and a rear sway bar.

The front upper strut bar came, but somehow I ended up with a rear strut brace. Should I just keep it and then order the rear sway bar? Is the rear strut brace going to give me an increase in handling?

I ended up keeping the rear strut bar. Instead of going with the Neuspeed stuff, I just got the OEM stuff. Even though it's just the OEM stuff there is still a slight noticeable difference. While taking slower corners the car doesn't lean like it used to. Faster corners it still does, but I'm assuming that's because of my stock suspension and that OEM strut braces aren't going to make up for what stock suspension lacks.

Oh and I got the OEM strut bars for $60 so that's less than half the price of a Neuspeed front strut bar. Maybe once I get the PIC Apex coilovers I'll get Neuspeed strut bars, but we'll see.

There are no OEM bars.... where did you get them from?

I were told they were OEM bars, I bought them from the place I bought my car from. It's a place called Fushion Auto Sports Tech. They were wrapped in plastic that said Type R on them (I know their not Type Rs).

Fuck Fushion Auto. You shouldn't sell shit stuff and claim that "metal is metal" fucking bullshit. Why must you guys always be right. *sigh*

/end short rant

Last edited:
Well thanks for telling me I just wasted my money. I guess I'll just call the $60 a learning experience and move on. Maybe I can offload them on Craigslist for something. Last time I deal with these fuckers who sold me them.

I wonder if the guys that sold them to me like to rip people off, or if they really are this clueless. They claim to know to know their stuff, I've seen their cars in a lot of places. Maybe they like to rip off people who don't know their stuff. Either way, screw them.

Last edited:
Haha yea, putting that in an ad wouldn't be the best idea.

I'll probably try taking them back tomorrow. I'll tell them that you Hondaswap guys said they were absolute garbage. If that doesn't work, hopefully they sell on Craigslist.

If not I have two long metal sticks to use as defense weapons.

I put them on Craigslist for $35 each (I paid $30 for each of them). I've already gotten two emails about them in less than 24 hours :D .

I'm meeting the one guy at a Jack In The Box near my house to sell him the front strut bar. That's fine because I'll probably end up keeping the rear one until I can afford the Neuspeed one, unless of course someone else wants to buy it. After selling the front upper strut bar, I'll have enough to order a Neuspeed front strut bar. After seeing a real strut bar today, I can see the difference you're talking about, a real strut bar is a lot thicker and heavier duty. Although I won't deny that these cheap ones I got make a slight difference in my car's handling.

I've checked Ebay and Craiglist. I would check Honda-Tech, but seeing as I don't have a credit card, I don't really want to have to go through my parents for that.

I check Craigslist everyday, there usually isn't that much on there for strut bars, but I always have my eyes peeled for them. I'm still keeping an eye out in the hopes that I can find some Tan S2000 seats. I always watch for the stuff for the rear disc swap, and front disc upgrade. I'm still looking for a EX or LX cluster. Someone on hear had a EX cluster for sale, but I know that my mom would be leery of using her paypal account like that (understandable).

Edit: Honda-Tech is actually a pretty good site for stuff for sale. I like how it's just basically sites advertising for their stuff. I'll probably start checking that site regularly as well.

Last edited:
i dont think im gonna put it on ebay. but its in pretty good shape. dont have any pics at the moment but ill take a few

If you aren't patient enough to scout for deals, go ahead and get a new one.

The secret to searching Honda-Tech is clicking on the red link. From there you can actually search the classifieds instead of just looking through the vendor classifieds.

I'll probably look around for a month or so. I already went without strut bars for a year, I can live without them for a little bit longer.

They don't make that huge a difference, you can easily wait until a good deal comes around. I had the neuspeed front bar on my CRX and it made the turn in ever-so-slightly better (that was with Ground Control coilovers and KYB AGX shocks), with the stock suspension you probably won't even feel the difference.

They don't make that huge a difference, you can easily wait until a good deal comes around. I had the neuspeed front bar on my CRX and it made the turn in ever-so-slightly better (that was with Ground Control coilovers and KYB AGX shocks), with the stock suspension you probably won't even feel the difference.

Actually I did notice a slight difference, I'm pretty in tune to my car...

The car wouldn't lean as much when turning, and the turning was slightly sharper.

I've checked Ebay and Craiglist. I would check Honda-Tech, but seeing as I don't have a credit card, I don't really want to have to go through my parents for that.

Don't take any offense at this at all, but you are 18 years old, you can legally get your own credit cards and PayPal account. Just shop around first or go through your bank for a credit card, that way you'll get one with a decent interest rate and fairly small limit. And then, just be responsible. If you can't afford to pay the bill when it comes, then don't put it on the card...

Oh, just FYI though, something that a lot of people don't realize (especially younger people), is that if you have an ATM debit card from your bank that has the VISA or MasterCard or whatever symbol on it, then you have a credit card, at least in terms of being able to use PayPal and buy stuff off of the Internet. It doesn't have to be an actual credit card per say, it just has to be through one of the big credit card providers.

Don't take any offense at this at all, but you are 18 years old, you can legally get your own credit cards and PayPal account. Just shop around first or go through your bank for a credit card, that way you'll get one with a decent interest rate and fairly small limit. And then, just be responsible. If you can't afford to pay the bill when it comes, then don't put it on the card...

Oh, just FYI though, something that a lot of people don't realize (especially younger people), is that if you have an ATM debit card from your bank that has the VISA or MasterCard or whatever symbol on it, then you have a credit card, at least in terms of being able to use PayPal and buy stuff off of the Internet. It doesn't have to be an actual credit card per say, it just has to be through one of the big credit card providers.

Oh I don't take any offense to it. I understand that I can get a credit card. It's something I'm contemplating.

Oh I don't take any offense to it. I understand that I can get a credit card. It's something I'm contemplating.

Cool. Yeah it's nice not to have to rely on parents for stuff like that. Plus, it's a good way to get started on learning how to use a credit card responsibly.

Back