Frozen B16a Jdm Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kakarrott

I dont know what happened with this swap, man im tired dint do nothing right its a b16a first gen into 90 civic hb
i bought a street/heavy duty pressure plate ACT clutch for a 90 to 91 intergra its a cable clutch and i installed it i did the swap already but its the axles are FROZEN its not in gear it doesnt have the parking brakes on but wont move at all im pretty shure its something with the clutch((((( first went the FLYWHEEL with new pilot bearing then the CLUTCH DISK aligned with ACT tool and finally the pressure plate i tightend the pressure plate bolts to spec and then i looked at the pressure plate and the splines where almost touchi,ng the clutch disk and i dont know how exactly the clutch sit in but i got this feeling it wasnt right etheir the pressure plate is the wrong one or the clutch i check it and copared it with the original and it looks the same please help im goin to take it apart tommorow and chack the clutch maybe its in wrong or something please help me.

Before pulling it apart, answer this.

If you try to start the car, do the started pull the car around while out of gear? How about in gear?

Will the tranny shift gears while the engine is off?

Does the clutch pedal FEEL like it's actuating anything?

Have a buddy push the pedal and watch the clutch actuator arm in the engine bay... Does it move up and down?

You might just have it overtightened on the adjuster on the cable. Try turning the plastic nut thing on the cable to the left to loosen it.. then try starting the car again.

Let me know, I'll try to help yah.

Thanks SIR KID for this reponse .......The actuator arm does move but when i step on the clutch it moves the arm up and down i feel like the throw out bearing doesnt make contact until the very end I cant move the actuator arm with my hand it has no stiffness know what i mean the actuator arm goes up and down with no force i cant really start the car yet cuz i broke the freakin map sensor oh it was hell my hands hurt so much 9 hours by myself any way its just locked up i will try to ajust the clutch cable but really doubt it will do any good cuz that tihng is frozen, funny tho i remember when the engine was out i could turn the
Intermediate shaft when it was outta gear with my hand also this is LSD tranny factory damn i dont know where it went bad for shure i know the spline on the pressure plate are almost touching the clutch disk is this normal or are they supposed to be out so when u hit the clutch the throw out bearing pushes the splines in is they a specific way the clutch goes other than align the clutch disk or it i will try to start it today i wonder if it will start wihtout the map sensor huh.....
Thanks alot really SIR i would like your help ........oh yeah the gears go in easy like without the clutch being pressed in its just outta gear and its stuck.......

:D I got it unstuck and to my surprise wich no one told me i was supposed to upgrade my caliper rotor to a SIR or what i did 90 jdm integra same as USA integra i guess anyw00t im feeling much better now B16A AxLES did not mate with the 90 civic hb rotor assembly thats why it was frozen THANKS (((((((((((((SIR KID))))))))))) :spin:

I've got my stock 91 Si map sensor laying around at my storage...

If you want it, let me know. I'll ship it to you for $20.

Fo sure let me see if i can get it from the place i got my engine if not for sure i will get it of u thanks

Back