1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frozen Bolts

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by markie, Feb 21, 2003.

1. markie

markie Senior Member

ok i have a 93 del sol with areound 101k on it so as you can imagine it has alot of rust and such.I was installing some coilovers and i got teh left side down. I started on the right and all was going well, i started to try to loosed the nut that hold the wishbone onto the strut and it wont budge!! i keep trying but in my effort i start to round off the bolt, so i stop. Also in the back a couple of the bolts are frozen what do i need to do. And also what do i do if i strip one how will i get it off. Guys i need you help cuz i dont think that driving around with only the left front lowered is that good or safe

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

can you cut it off and get a new bolt?? take a picture.. i can't picture which you are talking about

3. SolStopper

SolStopper Junior Member

The same thing happened to me. On both of the rear control arms the bolts were frozen. I worked the drivers side loose with ALOT of Wd-40 and a 3 ft. cheater bar. The passenger side however ended up being a real pain. I broke the head off the bolt and mushroomed it trying to beat it out. Eventually I just dropped the control arm and had the bushing pushed out and a new bushing re-pressed in it's place. I was not all that expensive I think i paid like 20 dollars at the dealership because, I could not find a auto parts store that could get anything like that.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted