FS: 1995 Honda Civic DX, $2500 Seattle WA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

This 1995 Honda Civic is a modified car for sure. I originally bought the car from a auto broker in Colorado and performed a engine swap. I swapped out the old D16Y8(1.5 liter Single over head cam engine with a wopping 102 HP) and dropped in a B18B1(1.8 Liter Dual overhead cam NON-Vtec that runs around 142 HP) from a wrecked integra with an automatic. I specifically got a engine from a automatic to avoid any abuses to the engines of most manual integra's. I also used the Integra transmission for this application. The original intent of this build was to run a mild-moderate turbo setup. the non-vtec is very easy to drop a turbo on as you dont have to syncronize the VTEC and turbo boost.

I installed Integra GSR Axles, engine mounts and tranny mounts. I also installed a ACT Super street clutch(Heavy street style clutch) and a high pressure pressure plate. The flywheel was of a CRX(B16 engine) and was shaved a little to cut a few pounds.

The car is also lowered 2 inches all around and is on aftermarket springs and shocks. Its a very stable ride when you turn in on corners and on the highway.

Also I have a full exhaust system and intake installed. AEM Short Intake with the cone filter, Ceramic header and a 5Zigen Fireball exhaust. The exhaust is not a fart can exhaust by any means. Its a deep sound in lower rpms, but really growls nicely in the higher rpms. I also installed a short shifter and a gauge cluster from a Civic EX so you have a tachometer.

There is a sound system in there that is upgraded. Pioneer CD deck and some kenwood speakers in the rear. That setup will get pretty loud when you need it and it comes with a remote control. Also this car has a Viper security system with a pager key fob and auto locking doors when you start the car.

There are 116k miles on the chassis and 68k on the motor when I bought it. I also just replaced the Alternator. The A/C does not work as I have taken off the belt for more power. I installed the B16 bracket already so all you need is the tensoner pulley assembly and the belt for cold air action.

Ok now for the most obvious stuff. THE IS NO INTERIOR!!!!!!!!!! The reason for this is that there is a leak somewhere in the car that I havent been able to locate. It only leaks when it rains...Wasnt an issue in Colorado, but out here the month long rain spells havent helped much. I dont have a garage at my current residence so that really forced me to take out the interior. Ya I shaved about 150 pounds off the car and a little more taking out sound dampening material so thats a plus. The interior as of now has just the two front seats. This is the reason I am letting go of this car for so cheap.

This car has run like a top for more than 2.5 years after the swap and just needs its usual oil change. Its a great little ride. If you want to make it into a track car there is no better setup.

If you are interested or have further questions just drop me an email or call 415-265-3810. We can set something up for you to check out this car.

Check out www.jdmfinder.com under the car tab for pictures.

VIN: 1HGEJ2127SL001664

Back