FS: '87 CRX Si -completely restored & rebuilt PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

angelkilla

ERIC_CRX1.jpg

I’m asking $4500 for it.
I'm open to offers.
The car has 269,000 kms on it, but the engine has been rebuilt 18,000kms ago, as well as the car been restored completely.
the entire car was painted a year ago by the previous owner, and the back end I just had painted before school ended in May/June at Apex Collision in Valleyview.
The car was in an $8000 accident involving an animal or something with the previous owner, so he had –a lot- of bodywork and stuff replaced, which is part of the reason I purchased the car.
Its an ’87 CRX Si, an August model, the last month Honda produced the 1st Generation Civic CRX. It’s been completely restored, and really rare to find a 1st Generation model in such good shape.
I bought the car around December or January in Kelowna. I put some ASA Rims on it.
*thinks* what else can I tell you…… oh, its tinted out hardcore, the side rear windows are bubble style, looks pretty nice.

now what’s wrong à I’m going to be as honest as I can.… the windshield is cracked pretty badly. It was fine when I got it, but I drove it for a month during the winter and on the way back from Salmon Arm on new years, a semi flew by me and a rock came up and cracked the windshield. Also, it burns a bit of oil, just like any car that age.
Also, the tachometer fluctuates between 3000 and 5000 rpm when you’re driving fast on the highway, due to the TPS sensor being one of the parts not replaced since 1987. Its not a problem really, and never has bothered me, doesn’t affect the car’s performance, only the needle on the tachometer.

If you’re serious about the car, we could talk about working something out about the windshield and the tachometer TPS.
A windshield from a donor 1st gen CRX would be between $150-200, and a donor TPS senor would be around $30. I might be able to do both for you if I don’t have to drop the price of the car too much.

I just had the car tuned up on Friday, and everything checked out Ok!
I put new spark plugs and basic stuff like that, and purchased a new stock Acura battery for it ready to go in anytime, that I will throw in with the car. I ordered some wheel spacers & rim balancers that will be coming in next week from Big O Tires that will help with the balancing and appearance of the rims, I’ll have them installed & they’ll go with the car also.

I have a few people interested in the car right now, two of which have came to see the car a couple times now.
No one has come up with any money yet, so its still for sale, but im just not sure how much longer it will be around for.
You’re welcome to come take it for a spin, or have it checked out professionally by a mechanic.

I can’t think of anything more I can tell you, but if you have any questions
My number is 1 (250) 374-2766
and my pager is 1 (250) 377-0550
you might have more success getting a hold of me on my pager, because I’m not at home very often, but try my home first.

-Eric

Back