Fs: 89 CRX Si southeast missouri

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

audioguru76

I figured I’d post this for sale in the forums before I put it on Ebay.

1989 Honda CRX Si (VIN: JHMED9366KS013940), basically 156K miles on the car. Stock D16A6 SOHC non-VTEC motor. Motor completely rebuilt by Honda dealership in September 2001, around 11K (documented) miles put on since then. Every part used in the rebuild came from the OEM parts bin. Head gasket was updated to the new style steel one a couple months ago. Stock Si transmission rebuilt in December 2002 and fitted with Quaife LSD. Motor is fitted with Ractive 5†intake, polished stainless 4-2-1 header, and full catback with polished stainless rear section and hi-flo cat (test pipe), 9mm plug wires, B&M Commandflo Fuel flow modifier w/gauge, Energy suspension motor mount inserts (in new motor mounts), Crane hi-6 ignition, LX-91 coil, & MSD distributor cap. The car also has a Centerforce Dual-Friction clutch coupled to an Unorthodox Racing aluminum flywheel, and the transmission is shifted with a Skunk2 short throw shifter topped with a Razo suede shift knob.

The suspension is upgraded with Ractive coilovers on KYB AGX 4-way adjustable shocks/struts, front upper strut bar, Energy Suspension Poly bushings, & front/rear camber kits (the fronts are the ones that remount the upper arm instead of sliding the balljoint). Brakes have been upgraded to 4 wheel discs from a 90 Si CRX, new Honda master cylinder from 90 CRX Si, PowerSlot rotors on all fours, AEM pads, & Goodridge Stainless brake lines. When I did the conversion I replaced the rear calipers with new remans, so they don’t have many miles on them. The car rolls on 17x7 Konig Traffiks wrapped with Nitto NT-450’s sized 205/40/17. Front tires are about 85% and rears are about 30%. The wheel/tire combo is held in place by Daiyama Forged Aluminum lug nuts.

The exterior is painted Citrus Yellow Metallic from the Honda Insight. All of the rust has been repaired (there wasn’t much to begin with), a Wings West RS 6 piece Urethane body kit fitted installed, and the antenna, rear squirter, rear wiper, door handle keyholes were all shaved. A custom Kurakyn chrome gas filler has been grafted into the quarter panel. All the windows are tinted with 20% film. I put 90-91 taillights on the car. The hood is genuine VIS Racing, and features a ZC style bump. When the car was painted (summer of 2002) all the rubber door seals, window moldings, hatch seals, sunroof seal, and door garnishes were replaced with new Honda OEM pieces. Also, the windshield was replaced and is still flawless.

The interior is stock, except for the stereo system. The stock seats are in very good shape, the driver’s side bolster is a little soft, but not torn. The carpet is clean, fluffy, and in very good shape. Stock CRX floor mats are also included in the package. The audio system consists of an Eclipse 55430 indash CD player, Fusion Encounter series 6 ½†components front/rear, 2- Fusion Encounter series 12†woofers loaded into a custom ported enclosure. Driving the speakers are Fusion Encounter 4-channel and 2-channel amplifiers fed by Audioquest Turquoise series twisted pair interconnects and a mix of Stinger 0, 4, 8 gauge power wire. The electrical system is upgraded with a Stinger SP1000 dry-cell battery and a Fusion 1.5 farad capacitor with voltage gauge. The battery has been relocated to the rear of the vehicle and is connected to the stock wiring via Stinger 4guage power wire and Platinum fuse block. Everything is protected with circuit breakers and fuses in all the proper locations. A Viper 500SHF alarm is installed to protect the vehicle and it’s contents. The alarm includes remote keyless entry (I installed actuators for power door locks), 2 stage shock sensor, starter disable, extended range antenna, system valet (to disable the stereo if you were to loan the car or something), power rear hatch release, dome light supervision (turns on when you disarm the system or turn off the ignition), six tone siren, parking light flash, and a set of green hyper LED’s mounted in the door panels just above the exterior door handle (they flash when the system is armed, and you can’t miss them).

I wanted to make note of a couple small modifications that I made to the car. First, I upgraded the headlight wiring with heavy gauge wiring and high current relays to allow use of higher wattage headlight bulbs. After the mod, these things are BRIGHT! The factory sunroof switch is notorious for burning out, so I rewired the circuit with more high current relays and mounted a switch that lights up with the dash lights. I did this because I was tired of fishing around at night to find the switch to open/close the roof. The body kit has no allowance for rear license plate lights (which are required in MO), so I mounted a set of hyper white LED’s in the bumper.

Now, seeing as no car is 100% perfect, here’s what she needs. First, the driver’s side outside axle boot has a small tear and is slowly losing all the grease. Secondly, the rear tires are getting a little shallow. Third, I think a shift fork is bent, as there is a SLIGHT grind when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd. Finally, the car was vandalized recently and has some minor damage to the driver’s side of the car. There’s about 4 small dents from a paintball gun and one larger one (looks like a shopping cart hit).

This car drives very well, is pretty fast for a single slammer, sounds awesome (both exhaust and stereo), and turns heads everywhere it goes. As has everyone else, I’ve invested tons of money and time in this car, but it’s time for it to go. I want to start my own business and that takes money so I am putting my favorite possession on the block.
I know it’s quite a bit for a CRX nowadays, but I am still going to ask $7500 obo. I am willing to remove some items to reduce the price, partial trades for other Honda/Acura cars, and may be able to help with delivery (depending on where it’s going). I am located in Cape Girardeau, Mo area code 63701. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: audioguru76@yahoo.com .

Now, before anyone asks…….here are some pics. If you want pics of something specific, contact me.

wNjA5NDk2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjA5NDk5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjA5NTA2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjA5NTI3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjA5NTMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjA5NTMzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The AC control was purchased NEW 2 yrs ago, and yes I have the trim bezel and dash cover for the console, the pic was taken one day while I was cleaning it up.
wNjA5NTY5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The system without the trim panels installed, I still need to build them but haven’t had time. They will be covered in black carpet and will trim out the woofers, amps, and battery while hiding the capacitor and wiring.
wNjA5NTcxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Sorry for the extra long ad, and if you’ve gotten this far without falling asleep….thanks for looking.

Ben

Back