FS: 96 hatch b20/vtec turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so hows the car run? i read your discription and it says it runs like shit at one point..and have you fixed the tranny problem? and whats up with the driverside motor mount? is that some kind of homemade job? and the pic of the block stamp (b20) i see oil all over the block behind the header, where is that leaking from, head gasket or the valve cover? looks like a good price

It runs fine - just not tuned, so it is not anywhere near as fast as it should be. I have driven it on 1000 mile road trips with no problems, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again (but at 100+ mph, it's rough on gas - 14mpg or so). There was nothing wrong with the tranny, and then I had a local shop replace the clutch, and it was a cluster fuck. They did something to it, and I needed to replace the axle seal, and re-seat the axle, and it still isn't completely right. I think it just needs to be pulled apart and inspected to make sure it is all together right, and running the right oil. I just haven't had the time to do it. The motor mount is an oem crv mount, which according to this website, is the proper mount for it. Never had any issues with it. As for the oil on the block - it is from the head gasket. Now don't get worried - it's because when I put the head on, I didn't have a socket in the right size for my 1/2" torque wrench, and I was too stupid to go buy one. The studs just need to be properly torqued. And since you have to pull the cams to get to them, I didn' t have the ambition to do it yet. The head gasket is a Golden Eagle b20/vtec gasket, and is a year old. in the course of a month, it trickles enough oil to barely notice.

I could part this thing out and make $3000 on it, but I just need everything gone to make space for my WRX project. The civic is taking up valueable garage space.

you wouldnt want to trade for a 98 civic four door would you?

NO SHIT...
Dont sell it Jim. Give it to me..:p

Free bump for a good seller.

Back