FS : computer stuff vid cards, tuner cards, fans, more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
yea yea, i know, it should be in classifieds, but i figure its better here than there since more people will look in this forum for computer related stuff than the classifieds.

stuff.JPG

heres the list:

1. AC Accelero S1 r2. missing the mosfet cooler and the ramsinks no longer have the sticky tape on them. this is a great cooler and it kept my 8800GT at 45C/55C idle/load with a 120mm fan strapped to it. $20 shipped

2. Saphire ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP. Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100575L Radeon 9600XT 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards used this card for a few months in my old system before i upgraded it. very decent card for minimal 3d and internet browsing and stuff. $25 shipped

3. EVGA 7300GT PCI-e 16x 512MB. Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P2-N447-LX GeForce 7300GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards used this card briefly in my HTPC, and in my main rig. i ran it passive with the AC accelero s1 and it ran about 40C with no fan. the card will come with the stock cooler, however i lost the plastic clips that hold it to the card. you could use some small screws, i just dont have any screws small enough and long enough. or you could just buy it with the AC cooler and run it passive :) 35 shipped

4. ADD2 card. this card lets you add a DVI and TV-OUT (s-vid) port to your intel onboard graphics. i was going to use it with my HTPC, but a stand alone vid card was a much better solution. but this is a good cheap way to get DVI out if you dont feel the need to go to a stand alone vid card. $20 shipped

5. Hauppauge PVR-150 NTSC tuner card with remote. Newegg.com - Hauppauge Tuner Card 1045 PCI Interface - TV Tuners & Video Devices this is a great tuner card. used for about 6 months until i upgraded to a PVR 500. the PVR-150 has an onboard hardware encoder, so CPU usage is quite low and a stutter-free picture, even on low power machines. 50 shipped

6. Pinnacle HD-PCI ATSC/clearQAM tuner card. i got this card off woot.com a while back, but i had no use for it since i dont have digital service and OTA HD is non-existent in my area. it does NTSC too, but unlike the PVR150, it doesnt have hardware encoding, so it uses substantially more CPU. but if only used for digital signals you should be fine since no encoding is necessary. 40 shipped

7. 3x Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E fans. Newegg.com - Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm Case Fan - Case Fans i used these fans on my MCR320 rad. these fans are very quiet and push a good amount of air. 120x25mm 49CFM. 10 each or all 3 for 25 shipped

8. Lian Li fan bay. SOLD

9. SATA molex power adatper + 18" sata cable Newegg.com - GENERIC Data: 18" Power: 6" SATA Data + Power Cable Model 10S6-571500 - Cables very convenient adapter. i dont need it anymore. 3+shipping or shipped if bought with something else

10. 12" 24-pin ATX extension. Newegg.com - Athena Power 12" EPS (24Pin) connector Extension Cable Model Cable-AD08 - Cables i used this in my antec 900 case, it helped out when i was cleaning up the wires. or if your main connector is just a little short. 3+shipping
or shipped if bought with something again

11. intel socket 478 heatsink/fan/MB bracket. the sink is all aluminum and was used on my old P4. should fit any s478 board. 15 shipped

12. Galaxy external enclosure for an internal DVD drive, or you can use it for a hard drive i believe (although quite big for that). it has USB 2.0 and eSATA support. ive only used it briefly. 35 shipped

all prices are shipped and to the 48-states only unless noted. HI and AK, and Canada/Europe will be extra. heatware is in the sig, any questions just ask :) thanks for looking.

Last edited:
sorry, yea they are internal AND sata.

lian li bay sold.

5 is NTSC (analog) only. not ATSC or QAM on that one. the other one does clear QAM though, number 6

so #5 only works for analog signals, no digital cable right? I have regular digital cable, no hd needed. what would work for me?

if you have a cable box you can use that (it converts it to analog) with #5. if all of your channels are unencrypted (doubtful) you could use #6 to save them. but chances are that you will only have a few unencrypted channels that would work without the box. id do some research on the box you have and the kind of signal your cable company sends.

Well we have a box in the living room, but the other rooms don't have a bos and we get all the channels. I don't know much about the different types of cable signals, so I'm not sure where to start. This is the cable box I have. Should I just call the cable co to get info about what they broadcast?

you are prob only getting the analog broadcasts on the other TVs. just like a normal setup in which case #5 would work. but keep in mind that this is only a single tuner, so if you are watching tv on other TVs you will only be able to watch it on one TV at a time. but if you just want this to turn your computer into a TV and output to your monitor then that will work just fine. no PIP though.

but yea ask your cable co to find out what they broadcast

cable from the wall to the tv without a digital tuner = analog
soon to change though with that whole act thing going through for television.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
but from the box to the TV would technically be analog even after the changeover unless the equipment is updated. Since its a digital tuner with an analog output. That should be why there really isn't an issue with a lot of TV's when you hook them up to the box.

To clarify... and not to get off topic.

The digital transition has nothing to do with analog cable. The only thing it deal with is... ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, MPT etc... The network stations have to be transmitted digitally. that is why you need a box. the box will be taking the place of the older 'rabbit ears
that used to bring you those networks.

The picture quality from a digital cable box is a digital picture. i have no clue if it is analog or digital, but if you really wanna know... I can confirm with the engineers tomorrow.

yep, the digital transition is for broadcast ONLY. as in over the air. cable and satellite are not changing at all. you will still get analog from the cable company.

I just saw this thread, and I want to say; you son of a bastard.

I just bought a new video card for 70 bucks 3 weeks or so before you put this thread up.

Back