FS: Poor mans type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I did not know cams lowered compression? Your big!

thank u white i dont see what they dont understand, a itr is high compression so the point of the poormans type r is high compression its not to make the compression lower then that of a type r

Hence, poor mans type-r.... a stock 1.8L short block with a stock b16 head. ITR head casting is pr3. All b16 heads are pr3. The compression would not exactly be much lower than the stock gsr's compression, but would have a better flowing head and a much better IM.

they dont but they give u torque. like i stated its to imitate a type r

thank u white i dont see what they dont understand, a itr is high compression so the point of the poormans type r is high compression its not to make the compression lower then that of a type r

I've been building engines for quite some time now and in NY/NJ a poor mans type-r is what i described. A stock usdm itr has a compression ratio of 10.8:1. The jdm itr is 11:1

Hence, poor mans type-r.... a stock 1.8L short block with a stock b16 head. ITR head casting is pr3. All b16 heads are pr3. The compression would not exactly be much lower than the stock gsr's compression, but would have a better flowing head and a much better IM.
so what would be the point of adding a b16 head to a gsr block. measure the pros and cons. you are losing hp, losing compression, have taken away the more aggressive gsr cam, and for what? to have a better flowing head to increase top end speed?

they dont but they give u torque. like i stated its to imitate a type r

Wow, there is no point to this argument. Show me a stock gsr graph and a poor mans type-r dyno graph making a noticeable increase in torque. Compression doesn't make torque, stroke and displacement makes torque.

so what would be the point of adding a b16 head to a gsr block. measure the pros and cons. you are losing hp, losing compression, have taken away the more aggressive gsr cam, and for what? to have a better flowing head to increase top end speed?

Okaye, I will make this easy. Prove your theory.

I've been building engines for quite some time now and in NY/NJ a poor mans type-r is what i described. A stock usdm itr has a compression ratio of 10.8:1. The jdm itr is 11:1
correct, the point of the poor mans type r motor is to start with a cheaper platform and for a small amount of money boost the compression ratio up and have more hp then the itr motor.

correct, the point of the poor mans type r motor is to start with a cheaper platform and for a small amount of money boost the compression ratio up and have more hp then the itr motor.

Okaye.

Wow, there is no point to this argument. Show me a stock gsr graph and a poor mans type-r dyno graph making a noticeable increase in torque. Compression doesn't make torque, stroke and displacement makes torque.
what u said was "O i didnt know cams add compression im saying no they dont they help with torque and hp

stock p75 pistons and b16 head with b16 cams would actually lower your compression and take away hp, pushing it further away from a type r.

correct me if i'm wrong.. but arent p75 pistons from the b18b

GSR block, b16 head, p72-00 pistons (JDM GSR), single layer head gasket..

cr= 10.9:1

oh and enough arguing in his FS thread.. if i see anymore crap in here i'll crap on your profile

Last edited:
Back