FS: Radar detector - RARE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I'm selling my Whistler DE3400 remote mount radar/laser detector. The display mounts in dash and the sensors mount in the grill, rear window, and windshield.

3300-big.gif

This is a VERY RARE sale in that it includes the rear radar antenna module. The readout display will tell if the front or rear radar sensor is picking up the signal. So you know where the cop is coming from.

Also, the laser module has 4 sensors to pick up laser hits from any direction.

Reference my old thread for pictures:
http://www.d-series.org/forums...03513
Full specs:
http://www.whistlergroup.com/de3300.asp

Whistler SWRA-3400 hidden mount radar detector MSRP $300
Whistler SWRA-3300 rear radar antenna MSRP $195

The unit goes for $160 + shipping on eTronics, which was the cheapest place I could find it.

The rear antennae is now impossible to find. I searched for weeks on ebay and the internet to find it. It retailed for $180 and I paid nearly that much for it once I found it. And buying just another one of the front radar antennas will NOT work for the rear module. I tried it, and it won't work.

I'm asking $150 for it, which is cheaper than buying the system online without the rear antennae. And actually, the rear antenna is easily worth the $150. I just need this sold asap, since I'm low on the cash.

I take paypal and will take any pictures that are requested. Shipping should be about $10 USPS Priority Mail.

I never worried about it, since the detector has VG2 protection and I had my readout configured for battery voltage unless I was getting an alert. It definately doesn't look like a radar detector.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal in VA.

Mount it upside down on the headliner, it will look like a temperature/MPs type thing.

Yup, it'll illegal in virginia, idk if i'm that worried about it, it has crossed my mind to get one, but I know cops have radar detectors detectors, or somethin like that. And I know someone who has gotten a ticket for it, which was $500.

VG-2 blocks your radar detector from being picked up, unless cops in you area are using the very latest Spectre III unit, but I doubt it.

If this is still available after Christmas, I'll buy it.
The full harness is coming with it I suppose ?

-> Steve

Quoted post[/post]]
If this is still available after Christmas, I'll buy it.
The full harness is coming with it I suppose ?

-> Steve
Yeah, everything is included except a small bezel if you wanted to flush mount the display unit in a console or something. But I highly doubt anyone uses it.

Aw shit dude, no mounting bezel ? Does that mean that the display can be seperated from the unit in some manner ? That would rock out if it could.

Anyway, yeah.. it's sold. Paypal ?

I have the bezel somewhere in the original box, but that's packed away in my storage unit for another month. I can send it out once I find it.

Paypal is natekiner@gmail.com

Payment Details

Payment Sent To: natekiner@gmail.com
Account Status: Verified Premier Member (42)
Type: Goods (other)
Amount: $150.00 USD
Total Amount: $150.00 USD
Email Subject: Payment from Cel - 12.28.05
Note:

Payment sent dude, lets see what happens this time.

Back